Should my computer be lagging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should my computer be lagging?

Im experiencing major lag on servers with over 50 players on, but this shouldnt be happening as i have one gig of ram, a 3.06 ghz P4 processor and a 7600GS. Do i need more ram to stop the lag as my computer should easily be able to play 64 player servers!

Re: Should my computer be lagging?

what internet connection do u have.

I know i can play on a 64 player server relativly well.

Maybe u have too many background processes, u shud go throguh them to check whats essential and whats not.

Plus an extra Gig of RAM will help alot, but its no use if u have background processes eating it all up.

Comment

i always have a lot of stuff running in my system tray thingy, but i normally always close down msn and skype, then theres my norton stuff thts on and some other things

Edit: I have one meg internet

Comment

if you have your textues above low then ya u need 2 gigs . when i used to have 1gig on my old x850xt 256mb id shut down every program i could think of . Then run task manager on my secound Lcd and sure enough allways over a gig with Med textures . allso dynamic shadows and lighting are a big fps hit . I dont even run then and i have a fast system. Good luck

Comment

Well i think im gettin another gig of ram for xmas so then tht would help right? at the moment i have everything on medium.

Comment

I think its the 1.4 as I also lag very badly during games this never realy happened that much in 1.3 unless my ping was high

Comment

When i had everything on low with my 6200le i could play 64 player servers with no problem

Comment

Ya as i said get more ram , in the mean time try both textures low,geometry high , light quality low, dynamic shadows + Lighting off, effects Med, texture filtering high or med depending on your Fps, and antialiasing at least 2 if u can well being happy with Fps again. and view distance 100%

This is what i used to run to stay under a gig and be happy , may not look as perty but you should have decent fps

Comment

id hate to take off shadows and light they look so awesome, i dont think i could bring myself to do it. But its ridiculous every time i encounter a light bulb my GPU nearly melts with the strain of the dynamic lighting >.<

Comment

Ya i know they do look perty but trust me ya dont need them lol. The settings i just posted before you will be able to see people very well . Geometry on high is the big one thats why i didnt say Med Remember its no fun dieing cuz ya lag out just because everything looks perty

Comment

Originally posted by )-SiN-( Max666
                      Ya i know they do look perty but trust me ya dont need them lol. The settings i just posted before you will be able to see people very well . Geometry on high is the big one thats why i didnt say Med Remember its no fun dieing cuz ya lag out just because everything looks perty
                      Hmm ye you do have a point, when i get two gigs would i be able to run dynamic shadow + lighting?

Comment

ya to at least low but not sure how well your video card will hold up since i only use Ati cards . Maps will load faster you will be able to use Med textures and things in general will run smother at least taht was my experiance . Ya may not get to crank things up as much as u wish but beleave me if you have the money its well worth it .

Comment

Cool, well im def gonna get an extra gig of ram.

Comment

This is what i run even on my X1900XT

VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 1
                            VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 1
                            VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 0
                            VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 0
                            VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setResolution 1360x1024@60Hz
                            VideoSettings.setAntialiasing Off
                            VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
                            VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

Hardware AAx4 AFx16

Comment

Hmm, but how much better is your card than mine tho?

Comment

Working...
                              X