Battlerecord Trouble....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlerecord Trouble....

When I type "record.recorddemo somename" in the console "(so no one thinks I don't know what the console is, i type it in the ~ button's thing) and all I get is this unknown object msg. It is pissing me off! I know there should be a TV screen in the server, it could be configured incorrectly, etc. I tried it in many different servers and even in single player, which according to this guide: http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_6.html , it should work..

Plz help me out.:cry:

Re: Battlerecord Trouble....

type in demo.recorddemo demoname should work

Comment

does it have to be italicized or something? it's still not working

Comment

Are you typing that when playing online or when you have started a single/multi player on your own machine?

It will only work when you have set the game up on your own PC.

Comment

I've tried it on servers (from other people) and single player on my own comp. It just says unknown object or command or something.

wait am i suppose to type record.recorddemo for the full BF2 as well?

Comment

Hook this works for single player and Local servers only you cant do it for multiplayer games unless your the server admin

open up the console and type this in "demo.recorddemo (space, the name of the video you want)" no quotations. example, demo.recordDemo singleplayertking

and then it will say Recording or what ever

then you type in at the console

demo.stopRecording to stop recording

Totalbf2 has all of the console commands on the front page under BF2

Comment

Just for future reference, you can use the "code" and "/code" tags (with [] instead of "") to explain commands like this.

Code:
              demo.recordDemo demoname
              demo.stopRecording
              And I believe you have to be the host of the game to record demos. Or use singleplayer

Comment

I've tried it in both single-player and LAN, and I get an "Unknown Object or Method!" reponse. :cry:

Yes, I tried record.recoddemo somename and record.recordDemo somename

Comment

it's demo.recordDemo, not record.recordDemo

Comment

Do you need an addon program to use Battlerecorder or is it intergrated within BF2?

Comment

The recording part of battlerecorder is only availible to the machine that is running the game ie the online server you are playing on OR your own single/multiplayer game.

Anyone with BF2 can playback a demo file.

A quick tut on how to get it to work:

1. During single player gameplay, acivate the demo recoder by typing in the console "demo.recorddemo [name of the file here]". Console will then say something like "recording started".

2. Stop the recording by typing in the console "demo.stoprecording".

3. The demo files are created and stored in this path C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos

4. To be able to play these back inside BF2 you need to move the files from the above folder to this path C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos

Comment

Omfg!!!!!!!!!! Demo.recorddemo????????? F^&%$%&%&k!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X