1.4 Patch Problem, and BF2 Install Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 Patch Problem, and BF2 Install Problem

Okay, starting off with installing BF2... the first time I tried to install it, at random points it would give me MD5 errors... *time passed* I restarted, then installed and it installed perfect.

Now onto the patch... the first 5 files went good, and then on one of the files it just says "Patching Failed" and stops... I know the file is not corrupt, Its something wrong with how my computer handles decompressing the files... ive tried to get everything to make it work... it seems like my computer only has problems with installs and patching of GAMES... Office installed and patched perfect, and every other x68, x64 applications I installed went perfect... Americas's Army even gave me errors installing, etc.

So I'm wondering ...

A) Does anyone know or want to try to help me fix this problem.

b) If I can just get the raw, uncompressed files that it copies to the BF2 directory from EA, so I don't have to use this installer.

Thanks,
    Travis

Re: 1.4 Patch Problem, and BF2 Install Problem

For a start post all PC specs

Comment

Re: 1.4 Patch Problem, and BF2 Install Problem

- Windows XP Professional x64 (64-bit) Edition
      - SuperMicro XLDAE Server Board
      - Dual (dual core) Intel Xeon 5130 Processors (2GHz, 1.333MHz FSB) - 2 physical, 4 logical
      - 4 GB (4 DIMM) ECC fully buffered RAM
      - Dual SATA connected 150GB Western Digital Raptors @ 10,000 RPM in a RAID0 configuration using built in Intel ESB2 SATA RAID Controller
      - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
      - NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO 512MB Card
      - Intel PRO/1000 MT Server Adapter

This is a fresh install of the OS, with the latest chipset drivers, and other hardware drivers.

Like I said, everything else installed perfect, just having problems with games.

------------------
      Problem Update:
      ------------------
      Okay, I got it to work by installing BF2 on another computer, then applying the patch... I then copied all of the files from that computer to a USB Drive, and pasted them on this computer.

BF2 1.4 runs like a dream on this computer, the only problem I'm having with this game install, patches, and all other games is the extraction process of the files from the actual installer.

Like I said, everything else installs perfect (Office, Visual Studio, IE7, McAfee, etc). Must just be the way your developers are compiling the installer.

Comment

Working...
      X