Veterans Program [Name reservation clarification]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Program [Name reservation clarification]

This was posted and DELETED in the 2142 forums for some odd reason. Im still pissed off about it, I mean seriously... WTF was wrong with it.

I cbf retyping everything, so ill do this in a nutshell.

I reserved my name through the veterans program the moment it went live. Managed to get into the second phase of the 2142 public beta. When I first logged in I expected my pre-reserved name to be available in the "soliders" listing. The name I reserved had already been taken by some ****** which leaves me to believe that there are three possibilities.

1) They use the same database as 2142 beta
    2) New database for the demo (same idea when BF2 demo was released)
    3) Name reservation is for retail purposes only (which means they will have to have seperate databases for retail and demo)

If scenario (1) or (2) is infact true, theres going to be a lot of pissed off people that reserved their name first. If its infact (2), all the popular names will be taken first seeing as how there will be a 24 hour exclusive download on the demo (which I think you have to pay for).

It's not exactly BF2 related material, but anything I post in 2142 gets trashed by the forum nazis.

Re: Veterans Program [Name reservation clarification]

At least you got through it...I tried to do it for ****s and giggles, and it wouldn't let me reserve my name. Oh well..

I'm assuming it's going to be for retail, but that's just my guess. Never heard anything solid..

Comment

I reserved my name....... BUT wont be using it.
      2142 is pants.... Lets hope they keep my name for QW lol :laugh:

Comment

Ahem, you have to use the account that uses the same email as your EA account.

Comment

Originally posted by lemonybrainaid
          Who are you 'Aheming'? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Night735
            Who are you 'Aheming'? lol
            I'm English. Therefore, I Ahem.

Comment

I've tried every combination, but the name I use and the email tied to it...just nothing worked. But yeah, doesn't matter, I won't be buying 2142, so it's REALLY not that important....

But I dont' think anybody knows the answer to the thread starters question :P

Comment

Your name is probably reserved for 2142(full retail), maybe that is why you could not use it in the beta?
                If you reserved it in the 'veteran program' it should be reserved.
                If not, then shout and scream when the time comes

Comment

I never said I couldnt log on, I clearly stated that some ******* had already taken the name (Solider Listing; if you participated in the 2142 beta, this should ring a bell)

They've made it so that one account can hold upto 4 alias's. A bit off topic, but some people might find it interesting.

Comment

BF2142 veterans program is stored in a seperate db and can't be used in the bf2142 beta.

Comment

The whole "your name has been reservered is a sham." I could not reserver my name. And the advertising all says that your personal game nick has been kept so that you can reclaim it.

It is more BS that EA can't do anything correct. More half-a** s***

Comment

Originally posted by CheetahShrk
                        BF2142 veterans program is stored in a seperate db and can't be used in the bf2142 beta.
                        do u know this for a fact ? I'm hoping someone from DICE would comment, but thats wishful thinking

Comment

I had similar issues, theres a thread on TotalBF2142 about this ...

http://www.totalbf2142.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1859

I and a couple of others had to email EA Support about this. It seems to help if you ask pretty much the same question three times. 1st instance will get you a canned off the shelf response, 2nd instance they will kind of start looking at your personal situation and around the the 3rd or 4th instance you should get a confirmation from them that the name is reserved by you. That was pretty much my experience anyway.

Comment

It wouldnt allow any spaces or special characters(most of them) in the name.

Another thing people have been bitching about is the minimum and maximum characters allowed in the name (4/14). I couldnt agree more, poor planning on EA's part.

Comment

I'm English. Therefore, I Ahem.
                              thats the truest thing i have read all day

Comment

Working...
                              X