Need to buy BF2 again thanks to PB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to buy BF2 again thanks to PB

Does anyone know of any place that has BF2 for sale right now?

Punkbuster thinks I'm a cheat even though I've NEVER used one. I had some problems re-installing, and somehow it corrupted my key. Now PB thinks I'm cheating and banned my key. I submitted a ticket. Here's what they said...

This might be caused by a corrupted key. Use the following steps to reenter you key from your game manual. This is for BF2 only, do not enter your SF or any other expansion pack keys.

-browse to your BF2 directory and look in the 'Support' folder
    -run 'Battlefield2_code.exe'
    -re-enter your CD key when prompted
    -then download and run the following:
    - ftp://ftp.ea-europe.com/UK_Support/E...CDKeyCheck.exe

I tried that and it didn't help, Then I told them it didn't work, what else to try. They replied...

The GUID you supplied was logged using a cheat that tried to prevent
    detection by PB. The method used is considered by us to interfere with
    the way PB is designed to work, therefore violating our EULA.

If you were not cheating, then someone was either using your computer
    or your CD key and was caught.

Either way, your GUID was used to try to hack on PB servers and it is
    now permanently banned. You may still play on non-PB servers as our
    bans only apply to servers with PunkBuster enabled.

This is ridiculuous since I know I did not cheat and no one else uses my computer. See the other thread I made yesterday for more info...
    http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97196

anyway, now I have no other choice but to give EA/DICE more of my money thanks to PB not having the means to investigate enough into the situation to see that there wasn't really ever a cheat used.

So anyone know if it is cheaper than 40 bucks anywhere?

Re: Need to buy BF2 again thanks to PB

Walmart, EB games. You can get the game for a near 20 - 30 bucks.

Comment

I don't think a new copy of the game will work. See, if it was CD Key ban that would be one thing, but a GUID ban... doesn't that indicate a hardware ban, not only for BF2, but all Punkbuster Enabled Servers which includes 1942, CoD, CoD2 and such?

Comment

It wouldn't have been a hardware ban since the hackers hardware would have been banned, not the OPs. It's a CD-key block.

Comment

I'm getting worried that the next time I open this program up, I'M GOING TO BE BANNED !

Comment

I wouldn't bother buying a new copy of BF2, since 2142 is going to be released soon. Unless you do not plan to buy it.
            Actually if I were you I wouldn't even buy 2142 because I don't want to support those EA / PB fukkers.

Comment

Originally posted by GbeTech
              I wouldn't bother buying a new copy of BF2, since 2142 is going to be released soon. Unless you do not plan to buy it.
              Actually if I were you I wouldn't even buy 2142 because I don't want to support those EA / PB fukkers.
              I don't suggest buying 2142 either if this problem happened to you, as it can happen in 2142 as well. Keep posting in their forums, ask for sufficient evidence and tell them that 'your key has been used for hacking, possibly by someone else' is not acceptable. They are basically forcing you to buy another copy and give EA more money (sigh) even though you were (assuming you were, actually) completely innocent.

PB can really suck sometimes, and them not giving you sufficient evidence that you were either hacking or avoid PB (or in this case, whoever was doing it) is totally wrong and BS.

Comment

damn that sucks. i recommend EB games. i wonder why PB goes after people like you and not the macro users.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                  Keep posting in their forums

Heheh thats a good one. You actually think EA gives a flyin fuk about somebody's ban? They made their $50 when you bought their game and their stock increased.. thats all they care about...
                  xfire: chodda
                  steam: w0ofz

Comment

No need to buy a new game, you can get a new key from EA support for $10 US. If you really didn't cheat, and know for sure your key wasn't comprimised, then I'd bugger the hell out of PB for more evidence. Maybe you have a piece of spyware on your PC that's stolen keys to a number of programs. There are enough exploits out there that allow "Drive by Installs" where you don't do anything, except go online, and you get infected.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                      I don't suggest buying 2142 either if this problem happened to you, as it can happen in 2142 as well. Keep posting in their forums, ask for sufficient evidence and tell them that 'your key has been used for hacking, possibly by someone else' is not acceptable. They are basically forcing you to buy another copy and give EA more money (sigh) even though you were (assuming you were, actually) completely innocent.

PB can really suck sometimes, and them not giving you sufficient evidence that you were either hacking or avoid PB (or in this case, whoever was doing it) is totally wrong and BS.
                      You know, i'm starting to think EA has a program which randomly selecs a BF2 and hardware-bans him. I hear so many cases of ppl which got banned for nothing.
                      All right then do as you want, but don't mess with the ppl money!!

Comment

i kept getting booted from a server by PB for no reason, checked my running programs and only thing on that would be internet related was mcafee. I turned down the settings a bit and havent had a problem since.

so im guessing they send packets or something to your pc to check for software or something, mcafee was pwning them and PB didnt like it

Comment

Crowd around... I may have discovered my CHEAT.

Please read the following that I am updating here that was in my other post ...for those that misssed it.

my mother in law visited for the weekend and HAD to use my computer and HAD to look up a date in December 2006 and HAD to hit the OK key when she was done instead of Cancel... all without me knowing it. So taking the oppurtunity for my wife to take some good quality time with her mother, I decide to go re-install my BF2. .:banana:
                          Hey, why not. It's a win win for everyone. :shakehead

The rest is history. I install, update, yada yada... Then BAM you've been punkbusted, here's your error, have a nice day. Fight in slow two way messaging service on their web page until I bash my head into the screen and then decide to install Call Of Duty to crank it back up. That is when I happened to look at the time. I popped open my calandar and Whoa...Christmas is next Monday? No it's really only September 24th for an hour now. It's right...now.

But it does me abolutely no good. I still have to come up with another 40 bucks to shelf out to Mr. EA & Mrs. DICE. Because a differnent business partner of theirs is ripping me off by not looking into WHY they are getting a cheating code Just...
                          Were sorry, that code means you are a cheating cheater :cussing:

Comment

oh! now i get it! PB isent about catching hackers and cheaters.. its all about banning innocent people so EA/Dice gets money! i mean, like EA cares about people totally ruin our gameplay!!:laugh:

hmm.. what if some dice dude sees this? maybe you should pm one of them and beg them too..:hmm:

Comment

so PB banned you because your date was off? or am i missing something bigger?

Comment

Working...
                              X