Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinning Seems to cause CTD

Hi,

I've recently created a mod just to mess around with and practice modding.

I decided to attempt to skin some objects. I didn't skin much, just a few small objects. But after re-zipping the files and putting them with my mod, it started to CTD.

The only time it actually CTDs is pressing one of the tabs in the main menu. I can't seem to figure this out, so I'm asking for help here. Is this a stuipid mistake by me that I forgot?

Just to answer a few quick questions: Yes, I changed them back to Read-Only files. Yes, I zipped them and named it correctly. Yes, they're saved as .DDS files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Skinning Seems to cause CTD

did you skin them right? then compile your mod in bf editor?

Comment

Oh... I guess it was a stuipid and hasty mistake.

As for skinning them right: Is it possible to skin the wrong?

But I think I did find my problem. I forgot to compile it in the editor (I zipped it, but not with Editor).

Sorry, I searched and didn't find anything on here. Guess I should've checked the BF2Editor site.

Comment

i mean to you put them all the one layer in photoshop etc , add me on xfire if you want any help

Comment

Skinning has nothing to with layers, as they all are saved in a DDS format. It is possible to compile without the editor (Which I prefer) but yep, editor does it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Shpox
            Skinning has nothing to with layers, as they all are saved in a DDS format. .
            what he said - heck my last skin came in at 120 layers compiled over three files :laugh: bump map 95 :laugh:

Comment

Working...
            X