Another S2A balance proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another S2A balance proposal

Seeing that pilots want infantry game play changes, I want a change, too: reduce the jet's armor (let's say to 30% of what it is now).
    The infantry guys would have a chance against planes. One missile should be enough to disable a jet. It's hard just to get the missile to hit in the first place, so when it does, it should kill. A couple of well aimed shots from a vehicle mounted MG should also do the trick.
    This would also give a better chance to F35 pilots. When a J10 aviator is lacking awareness, a couple of bullets or one lucky A2A missile should end the fight.
    Only jets would be affected by this reduction in armor, no side effects foreseeable.
    Make the planes more fragile, to compensate for their extreme fire power.
    Assuming DICE is listening to us, would you agree to this change?

Re: Another S2A balance proposal

How about we just take out jets all together and replace them with canvas biplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Geisteskrank
      How about we just take out jets all together and replace them with canvas biplanes.
      BF 1918 Airshow

Too bad hardly anyone plays it

Comment

LMAO!!!!!

Comment

do you have any idea what high caliber weapons and missiles will do to a modern fighter? i totally agree, jets need to be weaker, but that wont fix the problem. here are the set of problems as i see it:

-hitboxes and heatsources need to be fixed on most jets

-aa missiles need to either track thier lock, or flares. a big part of the ****ed up aa is that thier attributes were adjusted to make them tk less, this was a ****ty way of dealing with the real problem, how they seek and destroy targets.

-in order for aa missiles to hit a high turn rate jet, the aa missile turn rate is adjusted to the extent that they make hitting lower turn rate jets far too easy. aa missiles should turn differently based on thier lock, that way every jet can evade or get hit by the missile just hte same, and we can keep thier flight characteristics unique.

heres a list of things that could be done to balance them after those are fixed.

-decrease armor by 30 percent as you said

-essex system gets tank armor

-improve netcode for turning jets (so the cannon actually hits them)

-increase aa range (tv guided missiles should fly straight after guidence period)

Comment

So we get no replay from our jet gurus.
            Getting rid of grenades is more important to them, isn't it?
            "Use a rifle", this is their motto.
            What rifle should be used against a jet?
            How come this aspect of the game is of no importance to them? After all, their skill is above average, if not exceptional. :laugh:
            It's because if they play an air map, they are up in the sky.
            If it's a city map, they are whoring a tank.
            I'm so disappointed.

Comment

The problem with AA currently is that it's not a skill based system. Players that practice at something should become better at it within reason (there are at most two opposing planes on a map at a time which limits things). Automated systems allow for no skill.

One method to make AA more effective is to make it a TV missile. Increase its speed/range and make it so it can't be launched until a lockon has been achieved. This is only an idea, I'm sure there are many ways to make it a skill based system. Another idea would make the AA sites on the map a pick-up kit. Move to a location, deploy them, and shoot (the real problem with ground based AA is that there is no randomness to it. Good pilots know where it is, and how to avoid it, and how to destroy it--movement makes the battlefield unpredictable which makes standard manuevers suicidal in some cases).

Just reducing armor of the jets is not a solution. If this occurs great pilots will dominate even more because it will be easier to shoot down opposing pilots with lesser skill. This leaves them free to attack ground targets which is what you really don't like. Jet fighting A2A has balance problems right now, but your S2A solution will destroy it!

Comment

Flying a plane does require skill in certain areas.

Timing, Evasion, and Position all require working knowledge of every plane's nuances to be truly successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                  Flying a plane does require skill in certain areas.

Timing, Evasion, and Position all require working knowledge of every plane's nuances to be truly successful.
                  saying it doesnt take skill is far from the truth, the problem is that the f35 and ground aa have no real chance against all other jets as long as those pilots arent retarded.

Comment

Currently, 3 aa missles is a kill for a jet.

I have this whole speal on why aa is unbalanced, but noone cares, and dice seems content to have this aspect of the game out of whack.

Whiny plane whores **** me off. Looking forwards to crysis here.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
                      Currently, 3 aa missles is a kill for a jet.

I have this whole speal on why aa is unbalanced, but noone cares, and dice seems content to have this aspect of the game out of whack.

Whiny plane whores **** me off. Looking forwards to crysis here.

Wait what?

It takes 2 A2A missles or 3 S2A.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                        Wait what?

It takes 2 A2A missles or 3 S2A.
                        ya, is any actually hit :P

Comment

Range increase by 100 meters. Done. None of this changing damage and health crap.

Im a jet whore, and I dont care if you get 700 meters range! I fly smart, and S2A hasnt taken me down in a while. Just when I get careless.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades
                            Range increase by 100 meters. Done. None of this changing damage and health crap.

Im a jet whore, and I dont care if you get 700 meters range! I fly smart, and S2A hasnt taken me down in a while. Just when I get careless.
                            Idk if you noticed, but they upped the range/damage in 1.4

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                              Idk if you noticed, but they upped the range/damage in 1.4
                              Did they really?

I find them just a TAD harder to flare off, but not by that much. I usually just blamed getting shot down by them on myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X