Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ATI video drivers, Very bad FPS drop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ATI video drivers, Very bad FPS drop.

We'll, since yesterday when i installed the 6.9 drivers for my 1900XT i have been very very laggy. I knew this was not the maximum performance this card delivers so i am wondering what should i do, How can i resolve this issue?

Re: New ATI video drivers, Very bad FPS drop.

it happened to me on the 6.8 when they came out.. unistall the drivers again and reboot.. then reinstall the latest drivers again.. reboot.. should work.. you may want to go to C:\and delete the ATI folder completely before doing anythign so it doesn't reinstall the last driver automatically...

Comment

Roger, Thanks alot i will give it a try.

Comment

First download driver cleaner http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php bottom of page

Go to C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\UninstallAll and click the .exe and follow what it says. Next deleate the Ati folder in program files then reboot into safe mode "F5" or "F8" for some mobos . Now run driver cleaner and get rid of all the old junk then reboot . Next install the 6.9 Ati drivers and monitor drivers "if needed" . This should fix any problem you had .

Comment

Working...
        X