Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If only there were more players like this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If only there were more players like this.

Recently, I joined a Dragon Valley server. 1/4 into the game, I get invited to a sqaud by the name of "Sniper Sqaud", As many of you know..I'm a sniper fanatic, so I happily accepted.

I thought it would just be a little group of snipers..sniping..calling people out.

But oh contrare, for the first time in eternitys, I actually encounterd a sqaud that worked together.

We would hunt in a group of three, position around the very high cliffs that border the whole map, he would give us orders of which flag to snipe, we would all work together, set up positions and snipe until further ordered.

When we ran low on ammunition, our commander would give us a supply crate, and we would continue to aggrivate the enemy. They never found us.

I wish, that there were more people in BF2 like this, who worked together. 80% of the time, when you join a sqaud, no one talks or anything of that sort. Its just everyone on there own, and joining a sqaud who works together(And in this case...our sqaud worked together, bigtime!) Everyone just wants persoanly fame, a higher kill count, and to go rambo, no teamwork anymore.

Who else agrees?

If your a person who loves teamwork in the game, my Xfire is "christsoldier" (No quotation marks..for those of you who are a little slow..)

Re: If only there were more players like this.

I can find people that work as a squad easy i invite people to my squad ask if they have a mic for easier communication and if they dont have on i kick them and invite new people.

Comment

lol exactly

Comment

i am with you on this totally, i started a thread about 3 weeks ago on the same subject, i was so impressed with the entire different feel the game had when you work even with just one solider. i even watch 3/6 man squads completely turn a total usmc baserape on jalalhabad around and win the round, down at least 75-100 tickets. teamwork and squadplay, promote it often as it will be the only way i think that we will get bf2 fixed in a way that these forums wont be filled with post about how the game is total screwed and how people are sick of playing.

Comment

This is the reason I play BF2, it's great when it flows like it in your example.

Comment

A group of three good soldiers working together can beat any zerg-rushing army.

Comment

Originally posted by You_were_killedby
              I can find people that work as a squad easy i invite people to my squad ask if they have a mic for easier communication and if they dont have on i kick them and invite new people.
              I hope you name your squad 'mics only' or something like that. Otherwise that's pretty stupid and annoying for everyone without a mic.

Comment

That is a good group you got alighned with...

Lately, I have not even bothered joining a squad. I create one, and see if people join mine. As I go round after round of having the top score, people tend to join more often.

But, the way they setup that sniper squad was excellent.

Comment

I love when this happens, you get a random pub squad that actually has good chemistry. This has a bad habbit of happening on my "last game for the night." Then I get in this great squad and end up playing for another 2 hours and then wonder why my @ss is dragging at work the next day.

Comment

I ALWAYS join squads, its an automatic thing for me, and every now and then you join one that really works together. Its a joy to be in, everyone guarding eachothers back, you start to build a bond with some guys its quality.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                      That is a good group you got alighned with...

Lately, I have not even bothered joining a squad. I create one, and see if people join mine. As I go round after round of having the top score, people tend to join more often.

But, the way they setup that sniper squad was excellent.
                      So true, if your a good teamplayer you really have to start your own sqaud and hope that you get some good players who will follow your lead and work toward an objective. I see so many players running around like headless chickens its hard to get a bearing on the enemy cause your own guys are darting back and forth all over the place.

Ive got 300hrs of SL out of just over 400. I generally score top sqaud if I have a couple good players alongside.

Comment

Originally posted by SoldierOfChrist
                        Recently, I joined a Dragon Valley server. 1/4 into the game, I get invited to a sqaud by the name of "Sniper Sqaud", As many of you know..I'm a sniper fanatic, so I happily accepted.

I thought it would just be a little group of snipers..sniping..calling people out.

But oh contrare, for the first time in eternitys, I actually encounterd a sqaud that worked together.

We would hunt in a group of three, position around the very high cliffs that border the whole map, he would give us orders of which flag to snipe, we would all work together, set up positions and snipe until further ordered.

When we ran low on ammunition, our commander would give us a supply crate, and we would continue to aggrivate the enemy. They never found us.

I wish, that there were more people in BF2 like this, who worked together. 80% of the time, when you join a sqaud, no one talks or anything of that sort. Its just everyone on there own, and joining a sqaud who works together(And in this case...our sqaud worked together, bigtime!) Everyone just wants persoanly fame, a higher kill count, and to go rambo, no teamwork anymore.

Who else agrees?

If your a person who loves teamwork in the game, my Xfire is "christsoldier" (No quotation marks..for those of you who are a little slow..)
                        I play on Dragon Valley 24/7 servers a lot and that 'sniper squad' is usually on. Im not sure if its just 1 person or what but im used to seeing an invite into their squad when I play on the 24/7 servers.

Comment

Originally posted by CensoredByGod
                          So true, if your a good teamplayer you really have to start your own sqaud and hope that you get some good players who will follow your lead and work toward an objective. I see so many players running around like headless chickens its hard to get a bearing on the enemy cause your own guys are darting back and forth all over the place.

Ive got 300hrs of SL out of just over 400. I generally score top sqaud if I have a couple good players alongside.
                          Exactly! If you get a good squad you almost always end up in the top 5. It is how the game is meant to be played.

Comment

Yeah, the second I start a map, I hit the [Insert] key and make a squad. It sucks when you don't have a great spawn point, but so often, you have to do all the work for the team because no one can go around the enemy.

It is even better when you are a regular to a certain server and specific people join your squad because they know you don't puss-foot around and are agressive.

Comment

It is even better when you are a regular to a certain server and specific people join your squad because they know you don't puss-foot around and are agressive.[/QUOTE]

you are desperately needed in countless severs running ROAD TO JALALAHABASERAPE, in IO mode. i only got to experience good squads on nights like this (THURS/FRI) more adults playing late. i am almost to the point of quiting the minute i see the lake flag go MEC. i swear someone should battlerecord a full on baserape there. it looks like a giant snowball fight

Comment

Working...
                              X