major problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major problem

Ok so it wont let me play bf2 at all. This is what the error message says when i click the shortcut.

Mods/BF2/shaders/lightingfx not found!!! _Do_ check your working directory,_and_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer GP. (Really!)

I think its a virus becuase it says really and i dont know what to do i just got the game like last week and its already messed up. The error above is exactly how it said on the computer any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Re: major problem

Reinstall full 1.4 update. Then take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Simon

Comment

what if i uninstall it and reinstall because the patch doesnt work for me because my computer wont let me run the patch and i tried all the things in the technical faq sticky and none of them worked

Comment

If your computer won't let you run the patch, can you tell me the exact error you are getting? My blind suggestion would be to re-download the complete 1.4 udpate and try again. If you are going for an uninstall-reinstall, there is a great uninstall guide at the EA Support site and people have linked from here so it would be searchable on these forums.

Simon

Comment

Thanks Simon.....I could play BF2 fine - had patched up from 1.3 to 1.4. I bought Special Forces and after installing it I got the error msg of MODS/B2F/SHADERS...etc, etc - even though BF2 continued to work fine. Go figure. I just did an install of the complete 1.4 patch and am up an running....an gunning.....

Duck

Comment

Working...
          X