Different kind of crash problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different kind of crash problem

I've searched the forums, but can't seem to find anything exactly like what I'm experiencing - and nothing that has fixed it Anyways I'm getting a complete in-game freeze-up of everything...sound, video, everything just freezes. No ctd, no error message or anything - I just end up having to reboot. This happens EVERY time I play. It's actually happened once in the in-game menu, but 9 times out of 10 it will be within 2 minutes of playing a round. My card isn't overheating, I've been playing BF2 since january on this rig, with no problems (except 1.3 heh). I've even played multiple rounds on 1.4 and been fine.

This only started happening when this past week I had to re-format my harddrive. I've updated to newest audio/video drivers - I've even re-installed the game and patch 1.4, re-installed the video drivers - and to know avail. I've tried different in-game settings, including trying "software" and "hardware" audio settings. Please, if anyone could help, it would be much appreciated!

AMD FX-55
    6800 Ultra
    SB Audigy 2

Re: Different kind of crash problem

maybe one of your processors reached it's heat max and shut down.

Comment

Iv had this problem a few times..

Comment

Happens to me too... usually after about an hour or two

Comment

How much ram do you have.....do you have any other high resource programs up at the time of bf2

Comment

I've given up after waiting 13 minutes for a level change with this "build up" memory issue everyone's been having.

It's really ashame you have to try all these possible fixes and then get the same result. I'm flabbergasted.

Crysis Island can't get here fast enough.

Comment

Working...
            X