Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Point Blank" sniper shots do more damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Point Blank" sniper shots do more damage?

This has happened a LOT in the last few days and I thought I would ask.

I was sniping on Sharqi Peninsula and the squad I was supporting took the Construction Site and the Outpost there and were moving toward the City Entrance... it was time for me to change locations...

So I start hiking around the edge of the action and managed to get over by the MEC spawn area, up on those hills that everybody snipes at near the water tower...

I came over a hill and was face to back with another sniper kneeling and looking away from me.

I just reacted and for some reason I zoomed in on his back and put a shot into him, and he died. Not a headshot, a back-shot.

A few minutes later I was walking around the very back of the MEC spawn out toward their arty (commander hunting) and another MEC spawned RIGHT in front of me... this time, NO scope... just BAM, saw dust fly off his chest and he dropped like a rock from 1 shot.

The weapon was the L96A1 and I can guarantee that the second shot wasnt to the head...

What gives here?

Re: "Point Blank" sniper shots do more damage?

The first shot, maybe he'd already taken some damage...

The second? I dunno... Never seen it happen...

Comment

Proximity to target does not affect damage. He must have already had 3+ bars removed from his health by the time you got to him.

Comment

The L96A1 does 90 pts in a single shot, so 2 shots (or 1 sniper rifle & 1 pistol) are required to take a guy down. I know if the guy has any damage on him what so ever, that 1 sniper shot will kill him!!

My beef is with 2 recent hacks that people are using, that make it past PB!!!

1) Shot a guy 6 times with the M95 sniper rilfe last night in a SF game and he did not die. I saw the red X, so I know my shot was good, so there has to be a health hack out now, and I was really getting ticked off because of it. It happened more than once with the same guy, and also with another member of his squad!

2) The dreaded improved Aim Hack. Was getting killed by single shots as soon as I spawned. Even my headshots with my sniper rifle with not drop someone in one shot, and these guys were doing it with the G36C medic rifle.

I hate hacks!!! But I love sniper rifles....lol

Keep on Sniping!!!

Comment

Sure it was not just a medic bag?

Comment

lol health hack, and omg he was in a squad. squad = medics = health packs = you got ur hits, but the medic picked up a bunch of healing points.

Comment

So anyway... back to the topic at hand, the proximity to the target has no effect on how much damage is done, i play mostly sniper and i can say that i have drilled people in the chest from ft away and not dropped them. Little puff of smoke but no kill. You just got lucky, the accuracy in the game is a little wierd in that the bullets tend to go astray even when lined up correctly. You must have just gotten 2 lucky headshots.

Comment

There is a setting for damage to drop over a set distance. I don't have the files in front of me to look at what the values actually are though. So it would not be incorrect to say that some of the weapons would do more damage at closer range than they do at larger distances. An example of this would be the shotguns. Their damage value drastically reduces over range.

Comment

i have done alot of the point blanc's and the back usualy take them out if its upper back 1 shot...

Comment

Originally posted by Boobs McGee
                    There is a setting for damage to drop over a set distance. I don't have the files in front of me to look at what the values actually are though. So it would not be incorrect to say that some of the weapons would do more damage at closer range than they do at larger distances. An example of this would be the shotguns. Their damage value drastically reduces over range.
                    bzzzzzzzt, false.

Shotguns spread over distance,thus reducing the number of individual pellets that hit the target. Each pellet does X damage, and up close, those pellets are in a smaller, righter pattern. Over longer range, they spread out and cover more area but less densely.

If the shotgun has 6 pellets in it and it shoots you from 10 feet, chances are that you will get 6x the damage of 1 individual pellet.

The same shot at 30 feet may only land 3 pellets on your body, resulting in less damage. This is only because of the spread of the gun and the pattern of the shot over distance, not the velocity of the round or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                      bzzzzzzzt, false.

Shotguns spread over distance,thus reducing the number of individual pellets that hit the target. Each pellet does X damage, and up close, those pellets are in a smaller, righter pattern. Over longer range, they spread out and cover more area but less densely.

If the shotgun has 6 pellets in it and it shoots you from 10 feet, chances are that you will get 6x the damage of 1 individual pellet.

The same shot at 30 feet may only land 3 pellets on your body, resulting in less damage. This is only because of the spread of the gun and the pattern of the shot over distance, not the velocity of the round or whatever.
                      Uhm, ok bud, not even going to try to argue with you about this. I tried answering your question and you don't want to hear it. Cool.

Comment

....If this game is as real as they say it is, a ranged shot would do more damage, all technical bulls***, and really if ur shot ingame by a sniper rifle, ud be dead, most snipers wait till they get a clear Headshot...

Comment

Originally posted by kulamonster3
                          The L96A1 does 90 pts in a single shot, so 2 shots (or 1 sniper rifle & 1 pistol) are required to take a guy down. I know if the guy has any damage on him what so ever, that 1 sniper shot will kill him!!

My beef is with 2 recent hacks that people are using, that make it past PB!!!

1) Shot a guy 6 times with the M95 sniper rilfe last night in a SF game and he did not die. I saw the red X, so I know my shot was good, so there has to be a health hack out now, and I was really getting ticked off because of it. It happened more than once with the same guy, and also with another member of his squad!

2) The dreaded improved Aim Hack. Was getting killed by single shots as soon as I spawned. Even my headshots with my sniper rifle with not drop someone in one shot, and these guys were doing it with the G36C medic rifle.

I hate hacks!!! But I love sniper rifles....lol

Keep on Sniping!!!
                          wow..

lol I don't even feel like explaining this again

Comment

Originally posted by Boobs McGee
                            Uhm, ok bud, not even going to try to argue with you about this. I tried answering your question and you don't want to hear it. Cool.
                            It's good that you're not arguing.

Because hes right.

Comment

?

There's a variable for shotties, distToStartLoseDamage

for example, jackhammer starts losing damage after 40 distance units, at 100, it reaches min. damage.. so according to that, they DO lose damage after certain range

Comment

Working...
                              X