Your CD-Key is Invalid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your CD-Key is Invalid.

This is the message i got after installing the patch, and yes this is a purchased copy of BF2. Im sure its just buggered from the patch, I just want a fix for it. How do i reapply the CD-key if its been corrupted??

Re: Your CD-Key is Invalid.

did u install bf2 on another comp? that might be the problem

Comment

i have 2 copies of BF2, one for my 2500+ & for the 4800+

Comment

ok try this:
        C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\Support go there and look for Battlefield2_code.exe and type in ur cd key very carefully. then after u finish try running the game and u mite get the same error so
        go to ur registry (start -> run -> "regedit") and go to
        HKEY_LOCALMACHINE --> software --> electronic arts --> EA GAMES --> Battlefield 2 -->ergc and click on that folder and u should see ur cd key in the value and u should double click on the name "default" and go all the way to the left and add "x9392" to the beginning if it is not there already and then hit ok and boot up thegame

Comment

ok i have this problem too but once i get into regedit it says theres an illegal something and has to close, any ideas?

sorry for hi-jack btw!

Comment

To jekl200: wats the acutal error message? do u have admin rights on ur computer ?

Comment

Yeah Same Problem Im Testing It Out Now. nope it idndt work :/ i have the same problem except mine is when i try going on to a server...

Comment

ive just reinstalled and will post how i get on

re-install did the trick, but i should never have had to do it in the first place, ive never played such a frustrating game

Comment

Working...
                X