Unable to Connect to Online Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Connect to Online Games

Finally picked up BF2 for my pc today and like all I was anixous to get online. I'm no stranger to BF2, Ive planned since the demo release on the PS2/Xbox. Things have gotten stale on the console and since I have a computer to handle I figure hey why not.

I got it installed, 1.4 patch put in and when I check online games all I find are some awful latency servers. Got into one and appeared to be a Europe server. I leave and ran gamespy to find a server through it. I find one, try to join. The game starts and Im back to where I was on my own. Still only the crappy servers showing up. I removed all the filters and still no luck.

I have all the ports that I could find in this site and in the ReadMe file open with my firewall. My antivirus and spyware is diabled when running BF.

Am I missing something really important? I gave up on gamespy support, it only wants me to spend money. Are there secret servers out there Im missing?

Also how can I check what version BF2 is? I have a feeling my patch did not correctly install even though I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Any help would be great.

PC is...
    3.2 GHz Celeron
    1024 DDR Ram
    DirectX 9.0c
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache 128MB
    Wireless Broadband ISP

Re: Unable to Connect to Online Games

u should be using the full 1.4 patch

first, wat settings ru playing at? im guessing mostly low

did u try updating punkbuster?

Comment

Re: Unable to Connect to Online Games

I tried updating punkbuster and still the same problem and yes settings are on low with 1024 screen.

Comment

Working...
      X