This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken BF2 CD

I accidentally broke my BF2 CD, what can I do about it? Is there anyway to replace it or anything without buying a new one. I still have the CD key and I don't want to spend more money on BF2.

Re: Broken BF2 CD

take it back to a shop and say;
    "looky here mister! Just got home after buying this, and look what crap you sold me!!! gimme another one!!"

Comment

very easy solution around this, download daemon tools and also a BF2 mini image found at gamecopyworld.com. mount the image in daemon and away u go!! thats what i do with all my games, no more changing CD's!!

Comment

Do a google search and DL the mini disk image so you can run the "no cd" version using a virtual CD drive. Since you already have a legal install with a good key, you should be fine. You'll have to get a new disk somehow if you want to reinstall. It would only have to be a copy though since you'd have the mini disk image to pass the CD check.

EDIT: Curses @ lowrex for hitting submit at the exact same moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Technikal
          I accidentally broke my BF2 CD, what can I do about it? Is there anyway to replace it or anything without buying a new one. I still have the CD key and I don't want to spend more money on BF2.
          How did you accidentally break your Bf2 CD :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
            Do a google search and DL the mini disk image so you can run the "no cd" version using a virtual CD drive. Since you already have a legal install with a good key, you should be fine. You'll have to get a new disk somehow if you want to reinstall. It would only have to be a copy though since you'd have the mini disk image to pass the CD check.

EDIT: Curses @ lowrex for hitting submit at the exact same moment.
            LMAO!!! haha bet ya to it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maxi~
              How did you accidentally break your Bf2 CD :laugh:
              yeah, I'd like to hear the story on that too.

Comment

It's probably those P.O.S. "cases" they give you that lock the damn cd in.. it's so hard to get out.

But btw, google Daemon tools like everyone else says. Install that, then go to gamecopyworld.com, and find "Battlefield 2" and get the no cd image thing and mount it with daemon tools.

Comment

10 bucks from ea and they will send you more discs

just take a picture of your cd key and search support - they'll have an adress to mail/fax it to.

thats the most legal way. although images are considered legal.

Comment

Right now in a.b.games some guy has a DVD of BF2+EF+AF=One sweet reinstall; get it before it is lost.

Only problem you will have maybe is when you burn the DVD you may not be able to use it as a legit startup. Which I would advise you use Daemon Tools with the small image up above as advised.

Comment

if u mount it on daemon tools, ull get the legit startup...u cant burn it cuz it has like some burn copyright stuff which is hard to explain

Comment

Do yourself a favor and don't get another one.

Comment

Buy an extra dvd/cd rom drive just for BF2 jk

I hate cd checks Login and cdkeys are enough to verify. BF2 is not a single player game. BTW, BF2142 will have this amazing cd check before you CTD!

Comment

People need to take better care of their CDs or use virtual drives more.

Either that or copy protection should be canned altogether

Comment

Working...
                            X