Need Mouse Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Mouse Advice

Aren't these out of his $30 price range though?

Comment

No kidding, the OP asked for a mouse under $30 and people suggest mouse that's over $40. My suggestion would be to get the Logitech MX510. This mouse can be had for under $30. Check Amazon.com. It's similar to the MX518 except it only goes up to 800 dpi sensor vs. 1600 dpi (MX518). The MX510 has the same amount of buttons as the MX518.

Comment

That MS Habu mouse does look pretty sweet. I wander how it will perform...

Comment

Thread Starter was in Houston which has a fantastic computer store. I say just go down to Fry's Electronics and see what mouse feels most comfortable for you in your price range. My guess is a logitech will be your best bet. Razer's mice are more expensive and have really high sensitivity which some people like and other people hate. But generally, all mice are equal.

Comment

well, i see almost everyone agrees on the logitech. i just checked it out on newegg and it seems pretty sweet. i get paid tomorrow so i dont think another $10 or $15 will be an issue. thx guys

Comment

Originally posted by tikigod
              Thread Starter was in Houston which has a fantastic computer store. I say just go down to Fry's Electronics and see what mouse feels most comfortable for you in your price range. My guess is a logitech will be your best bet. Razer's mice are more expensive and have really high sensitivity which some people like and other people hate. But generally, all mice are equal.
              Well, Houston is a huge city. I mean it is like the 3rd largest city in the US in some size catagory, so there might not be a Fry's close by.

Comment

^^ there is one about 30 minutes away on/around I45. really dont want to take the time when i can order one from the relative comfort of my computer chair.

Comment

I bought the MX518 a few months ago and like it alot.

Works well and everything.

Comment

I have (2) MX-510's and I love them (I got the second one for the office.) The 518 is just the slightly more expensive/updated version of the 510. Looking online though, it seems the 518 has completely replaced the 510 in dealer stocks, so while it's ~$10 more then you wanted to pay, I'd say it's your best bet.

For some reason I can't phathom, they went from a 2 to 1 thumb button design when the G5 came out. When I play an FPS, I want as many buttons on my mouse as possible! And who really needs adjustable DPI?

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                      logitech mx518
                      best choice
                      Right!

BTW adjustible DPI is REALLY good for sniping at long distances!

Comment

Lol, I just use some cheap ball mouse I got for £5

Comment

Working...
                        X