Are Modders Giving Up On Bf2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Modders Giving Up On Bf2?

I can't help but notice the mod community is starting to shrink on us. I know that BF 2142 is just around the corner, but BF2 is still the best damn game out there. Don't give up on us lowly gamers who enjoy your wide range of great mods to this enjoyable game. Don't let EA short sell you on BF2 just because something bigger and better is coming. You still have us loyal BF2er's out here ready to fight wars in this time period.

What do you guys think?

Re: Are Modders Giving Up On Bf2?

I hope not. there are a lot of good looking mods coming. More from PoE2 and hopefully FH one day. Also we have Pirates who is still putting out updates. Not sure where EoD has gone, I hope they are still around. USI should have another release again soon too.

I too was sad to see Allied Intent give up, but the best mods are either out now or hopefully coming soon.

Comment

I don't think its so much the modders as it is the BF2 community is shrinking.

I am getting concerned that due to the fact that many abanndoned BF2 and because of faulty patches and other issues that the community left over is getting smaller every day and by the time DC,FH2,RC and any other mods come out there will not be enough people playing them or they will be spread to thin to give you many play options.

FOr example Operation Peacekeeper is a great mod, (I wish they would hook-up with POE) but know one plays it now with POE dominating the mods, when more options become availible it will spead the people playing mods very thin.

It also does not help that 2142 is comming, yet another option to thin the herd...

Comment

Putting together a complete mod for BF2 is no simple amtter. Most teams are still at work, and several are close to a release.

I know one that is right around the corner, hint hint.

Comment

Originally posted by =DNC=SySeX73
          Putting together a complete mod for BF2 is no simple amtter. Most teams are still at work, and several are close to a release.

I know one that is right around the corner, hint hint.

now that is what I like to hear. POE is a great MOD, but it is rough playing others when there is no one out there to play with. As for Allied Intent....it brought a tear to my eye to see them go.

Comment

There are a ton of great mods on the way! As mentioned there is a TON that goes into making a mod for BF2 and these things take time to get done right.

Comment

no FH2 is still in production

Comment

I really dont know what the hell this guy is talking about ???

FH2
                DCON
                PIRATES
                POE2
                RISING CONFLICTS

There are many more but those are the major players as far as I know .

Comment

Project Reality is also getting closer to their next release.
                  Eggman said that after PRMM 0.4 is released the release cycle will be considerably shorter with smaller updates but more frequent.

Comment

I cant wait for pirates, I wont be playing vanilla anymore once that comes out, does anyone know if its near completion or anything?

Comment

Working...
                    X