Claymores: Going to the darkside.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores: Going to the darkside.

I hate claymores!! I know it's been said before. Everyone hates them. Well, not everyone cuz there sure are a lot of Rambo snipers running around spamming them.

Now I never play sniper but I've been using the hell out of claymores. I love feeding off the kits of fallen snipers. Now I, like many of you actually use all the kits of fallen soldiers, throwing out meds and ammo packs and switching back to your respective kit.

I, however, have taken particular joy in feeding snipers their own claymores. It's especially rich when you are support and can keep replenishing your supply of claymores.

Here are some places and times I've done it to great effect.

1. Karkand
    If you are Mec going from hotel to usmc main base via the east flank. If you can get up that big hill there are inevitably snipers there. Kill them then place the claymores. They respawn go back and get a taste of their own medicine.

2. Sharqi Surveilance Point (ouside wall)
    The flag can be taken from this point. I had the luck to kill a sniper here while playing as support. I would juggle the two kits while the whole time keeping a claymore to my front and rear while taking the flag.

3. Mashtaur Hotel.
    If this flag is taken by the enmey there are nearly always snipers that are in the building (in the room up the stairs or on the roof). This same room is a spawn point. Kill a sniper place his claymores to trigger on the spawn. You get instakill and numerous new kits to juggle and keep the cycle going. I did this for what seemed like an eternity. What was funny for a while they would keep spawning sniper and giving me more claymores.

Now this last situation I'm sure some will frown on. I have to admit I felt a bit naughty. I want to say that in this instance, my squad was very far away and I was alone. There was no way I was going to take the flag by myself. But by doing the above I proved to be a huge thorn in their side and soon drew all their anger and attention to me. When my squad did arrive the enemy were intent on killing me not defending the flag. And then we got the cap.

I guess I've gone to the darkside.

Re: Claymores: Going to the darkside.

Great post, lots of good tips.

Comment

This has almost nothing to do with your post, but I love using claymores also. The thing is i am a sniper, and if you happen to kill me and pickup my kit you will be sadly dissapointed as one of the first things i do is set up my claymores strategically. In fact, what sniper doesnt first set up his claymores? Other than a dead one.

Comment

Warlord is Claymore central (but you must have Special Forces)...

I whored up that map so bad to get my explosives ordinence badge... it was sick.

Comment

Working...
        X