• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics problem

i have a nVIDIA 6200 256mb AGP
    AMD Athlon 1900+ ~1.6Ghz
    512 Ram

game runs smooth but that messes it up.....help pleas ei want to play this game...

Re: graphics problem

to me, it looks like your card is dieing. Or will soon.

could be just a texture issue and may be resolved with different drivers (updating or rolling back) or with a reinstall. Not 100% sure though

Comment

Without even looking at your images, my initial response is "get a better graphics card"

Upon viewing them, I changed it to "try different nVidia drivers. Then update your graphics card"

Comment

I don't believe it has anything to do with "needing a better card" or a "dying card".

I've got a 7900gtx and I've had this occur maybe two or three times over the course of owning the card (I purchased about a week after BFG released).

I'm begining to think there is something going on with Nvidia and BF2 since 1.3. I don't know of anyone (in my clan at least) who owns ATI having any issues.

However, everyone (again, clan) that own Nvidia have had some problem whether it be major distortion or minor texture glitches since the installation of 1.3. 1.4 has done nothing to improve it. Nor has driver juggling.

I haven't gotten what you posted in a while, however, myself and many others get purple tree tops, green and red checkered buildings, etc.....quite often.

I've even forced air into the open case thinking heat was an issue. Didn't help.

I'm convinced it's an issue that we have no control over. Imagine that.

Comment

a buddy of mine said the card is dfective some cards d o that so should i get a new one?

Comment

Well as Johnnyringo says, its most likely a software issue.

But yeah, its time to upgrade anyway, that 6200 is the bare minimum you'd want to run BF2. Something like an X800XT or 7600GS would be a good upgrade without spending too much.

Comment

Working...
            X