Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TotalBF2 Map Packs 1-3 crashing...

Hi there,

1) I've recently downloaded TotalBF2 Map Packs 1-3 and cannot run ANY of the maps.

2) I select a new map, it loads up 100% and I click 'Join' - here it looks like its about to enter the map but crashes out (without giving a windows crash, send/don't send report)

3) Can't show screenshots as it crashes out and this would be useless

4) I've attempted setting my video resolution to medium as suggested in this forum, but this does not work - it is currently set to high & 1280x1024

Would love to play these and other maps, any advice will be tried.
    cheers
    :: downatone ::

Re: TotalBF2 Map Packs 1-3 crashing...

In a different post about a different situation Cigar_man posted a fix that I think may work here. Cleaning out the video cache.

The cache is in the "My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2\cache" and also in each directory you have under "mods". The cache is what is created when your video is optimized. The directories inside of the cache directory should be deleted. Then when you restart BF2 and join a map, your system will reoptimize the video.

If it works, blame him. If it doesn't, blame me.

Best of luck,

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,
      Thanks for the quick reply

I tried what you suggested (clearing all cache) and it sadly did the exact same thing, crashed just when it looked like it was going to start up, after clicking on 'Join'.

Any other ideas out there?

Comment

Are you trying to create a local server or play singleplayer? I don't think those old mappacks had any bot support.

Comment

Turn your textures to medium or higher

Comment

Are you trying to create a local server or play singleplayer? I don't think those old mappacks had any bot support.
            Hmmm, that could be it. I'm trying on singleplayer. Are there maps created with bots or can I add bots to these maps?

Turn your textures to medium or higher
            Tried this. Anyway, I think the issue is above...my bad.

Comment

i have the same problem and i'm %100 sure its got nothing to do with the settings i got a high end system i played all this map on battlefield version 1.3 and i think it dosent work with bf version 1.4 patch.

Comment

Answer jdrou's question above and you will find the answer...

In big bold letters this is what it says on the download page for the map pack 1

***NOTE: THESE MAPS WILL NOT WORK IN SINGLE PLAYER GAMES***

Comment

Originally posted by downatone
                  Hmmm, that could be it. I'm trying on singleplayer. Are there maps created with bots or can I add bots to these maps?
                  Unfortunately adding bots is not a simple operation (which is why some of the major mods have little or no SP support). A few of the TBF2 maps have had bot support added by people at the BFSP forum: http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...ld.gamespy.com . There are also many other maps there with bot support.

Comment

Working...
                  X