VOIP Dihlema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP Dihlema

Ok. I use both Ventrilo and Voip ingame.

I like to use ventrilo with my clanmates and still be able to voip with pubbers we pick up in squad

My Ventrilo at a find outgoing volume level. My Voip however is horrible sounding. If I turn on my "mic boost" in game. It also turns up my Ventrilo to an awful and loud distorted screech.

Have any of you found harmony with your ingame voip and other voice software?

Re: VOIP Dihlema

I have mic boost on and have my VOIP level at about 70-75% from memory. Everyone can hear me loud and clear using both VOIP and TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
      Ok. I use both Ventrilo and Voip ingame.

I like to use ventrilo with my clanmates and still be able to voip with pubbers we pick up in squad

My Ventrilo at a find outgoing volume level. My Voip however is horrible sounding. If I turn on my "mic boost" in game. It also turns up my Ventrilo to an awful and loud distorted screech.

Have any of you found harmony with your ingame voip and other voice software?
      mute your mic - problem solved

your mic will still work - but your voice won't come over your own speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
        mute your mic - problem solved

your mic will still work - but your voice won't come over your own speakers.
        Thanks for your responses guys. I'll try those things out.

I just read my opening post and it came out like english is my second language. lol what can I say, it's been a long day.

I should say that I use headphones.

Also my complaint is that without "mic boost" my venti sounds fine, but my voip is to faint.

With mic boost on my venti goes to loud and awful as my voip becomes audible.

Thanks.

Comment

Try mic boost on VoIP, so it sounds good, then lower "outbound" in Vent/settings to lower the outbound volume and hopefully get rid of the distortion.

I've had to mess with my VoIP and Vent settings in both CSS and BF2 to get it right..

Comment

When my mic was faint via VOIP, this is what fixed it.

Comment

I never used ventrilo but if it has it try to mute your mic or mess around with your settings there.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that soundrecorder thing out. It's about the only thing I haven't done.

Comment

You're lucky your mic even works.

Mine will work perfectly fine for 4 or 5 rounds, but then it'll completely shut off, leaving me permenantly muted until I relog.

If I press tab to look at the squad I'm in, there won't be a megaphone sign in the box, it'll be blank. I won't be able to see the megaphone icons on the right side of the screen if I push the VOIP buttons either.

I'm attributing it up to yet another one of BF2's bugs. Ventrilo and Teamspeak work fine, I have my SoundMax Audio O/1 audio card and Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 256mb video card drivers updated. I scoured the intraweb, and this forum's search engines for tweaks like opening the UDP ports on my router/firewall, trying them as I go along... Nothing... I installed a second gig of Random Access Memory since the bug started happening... nothing has changed.

Screw it. Screw VOIP. Thank jeebus for Vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
                    You're lucky your mic even works.

Mine will work perfectly fine for 4 or 5 rounds, but then it'll completely shut off, leaving me permenantly muted until I relog.

If I press tab to look at the squad I'm in, there won't be a megaphone sign in the box, it'll be blank. I won't be able to see the megaphone icons on the right side of the screen if I push the VOIP buttons either.

I'm attributing it up to yet another one of BF2's bugs. Ventrilo and Teamspeak work fine, I have my SoundMax Audio O/1 audio card and Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 256mb video card drivers updated. I scoured the intraweb, and this forum's search engines for tweaks like opening the UDP ports on my router/firewall, trying them as I go along... Nothing... I installed a second gig of Random Access Memory since the bug started happening... nothing has changed.

Screw it. Screw VOIP. Thank jeebus for Vent.

That can be cause by your sound drivers or the sound codec you are using in ventrilo.

Comment

Working...
                    X