Spawn with squad leader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn with squad leader.

Whats the point of joining a squad if you dont spawn with squad leader,lost count of how many times ive seen my squad running around all over the map.

Come on guys work as a team or dont join a squad.

**End of rant**

Re: Spawn with squad leader.

I say "kick em" from your squad.

Comment

I've had the same problem. However, I've also lost count of the times I spawn on the SL and it's an idiot that does nothing, gets us all killed, or lives in a tank/plane/rooftop. Typically I will spawn on SL once or twice and then give up. I'll jump squads or just remain, just to be in a squad if the server requires it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bickus^Dickus
        Whats the point of joining a squad if you dont spawn with squad leader,lost count of how many times ive seen my squad running around all over the map.

Come on guys work as a team or dont join a squad.

**End of rant**
        I agree with you on that, the other night I was playing and say that everyone had their own squad. Make a squad if you know how to command your squad, and fill up the squad before making a new one.

I also would like to add to that. If your the last few people and all the flags are capped by the other team and your flying around in Jets or Assault Helos, get you butts out of the jet/helo and CAP A FLAG!!! thats the object of this game, its not flight sim time anymore, and your team can do crap while your flying around and all the flags are capped by the other team. "Situation Awareness"

Comment

In being adaptive to the battlefield I don't want to be tied down to absolute rules as "Always spawn on your squadleader." Their are some situations where other actions are demanded.

I will say though that you should always work WITH your squad leader to take and defend flags.

Comment

i always play in a squad. i do much better in my kill to death ratio.if a squad leader is not helping the squad i usually quit , make my own squad, try getting members from the unassigened players and then give them a spawn point. it works like a charm. i give the members that dont want to roll with the squad two chances to spwan to me, if i dont see them they are gone. needless to say it usually leaves me all by myself but they get the point

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon
              In being adaptive to the battlefield I don't want to be tied down to absolute rules as "Always spawn on your squadleader." Their are some situations where other actions are demanded.

I will say though that you should always work WITH your squad leader to take and defend flags.
              Yup, summed up my thoughts on this pretty well.

Comment

Spawn with squad leader.

yes, of course, do that!

Comment

It is a shame most don't do this, especially when squad leader is trying to cap a flag!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenomenon

I agree.

At first always having the squad leader as your spawn point is good. But after you have developed a good team, you should change your spawns as the circumstances dictate.

Often times if we are under seige but the commander has asked us to attack another spawn I'll do one of two things.

Set myself up as an alternate spawn just away from the action where we are defending. I give my guys the choice to choose which spawn they think is better. When things calm down then we leave for the next objective.

If they think the attack can be rebuffed easily, I'll begin to make my way towards the target objective the commander gave us. That way as they defend and die, they spawn on me. Thus holding the spawn, and not losing travel time towards the next objective.

I encourage them to to look out for vehicles at nearby bases and spawn there if they feel we need them.

There are so many situations that could come up where the SL as a spawn point is not the best option, that they are too numerous to list. These are just a few.

It only takes a few points and clicks when the spawn clock counts down and you can be transported to any one of number of locations. To restrict yourselves to only one spawn point just because it happens to be mobile is not using everything available.

Comment

Sucks when you spawn in the middle of a firefight and die before you can so much as unfold your gun

Comment

mainly just me and my friend go together.. thats it :P then lock it...ermm we have a 2 man clan but then other ppl join :P

Comment

Did you guys knew that if you join a squad, and you`re on the good side, the one with chopper/planes/tank whores ... you don`t get switched by the server?!? :laugh: :laugh: Server will ONLY switch lone-wolfs!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now back to our sheep ... I played as squad leader as much as I player a squad member ... and after doing that for a long time ... I mostly play with 4-5 other friends latelly, we meet each evening and DO IT!! Our own squad = 90% of times , we end up as the 4-5-6 first places on the winning or losing team!

If they`re not around, I would try for a couple of minutes to instruct every1 what to do and then:
                          1) kick out of squad/join a different one
                          2) give up and do whatever ...

Comment

Originally posted by dblEdge
                            Sucks when you spawn in the middle of a firefight and die before you can so much as unfold your gun
                            if your sl is smart he will not engage the enmey head-on. he should be close enough to help SM spawn to a objective, but far enough away not to be noticed by the enemy spawning at the flag to defend it. if he squad leader is smart (already said) you should be able to take any flag eventually. except when your squad spawns on you in karkland and they are all snipers who run for the nearest ladder, shooting a dozen or more times at a target. giving away his and the SL postion. in which case just pull the pin on a greanade and fall on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bbfYoUGoTServeD
                              I mostly play with 4-5 other friends latelly, we meet each evening and DO IT!!
                              Listen you perv, this is a BF2 forum, take you sexuality elsewhere!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X