best nvidia drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best nvidia drivers

Hi I was wondering if anyone can suggest,which nvidia drivers work best for this game.
    gt4016
    amd 3700+
    2 gb ddr400
    xfx7600gt xxx
    right now Im running 91.33 really not that bad,but ive seen people saying the 81.xx drivers work better,right my fps is 40-99 with mostly med setting , and aa off.Thanks in advance for any help.If anyone has a similar setup,please tell me your video setting in the game for best results.

Re: best nvidia drivers

Originally posted by judgeschmales
    Hi I was wondering if anyone can suggest,which nvidia drivers work best for this game.
    gt4016
    amd 3700+
    2 gb ddr400
    xfx7600gt xxx
    right now Im running 91.33 really not that bad,but ive seen people saying the 81.xx drivers work better,right my fps is 40-99 with mostly med setting , and aa off.Thanks in advance for any help.If anyone has a similar setup,please tell me your video setting in the game for best results.

I just upgraded to the current drivers dated Sept 14th. Have no issues at all.

Comment

I got a 7900gt as well, alongside amd x2 4200+/2gb ddr2 ram. I still use the 81.xx driver and can play game all high settings with aa 4x. fps 50-100. I am suprised that you cant get more out of your system.

I haven't updated my driver as it all works fine for now and I have heard a few negative things about 91.xx series drivers. I suggest maybe you should go back to the older drivers. How olds your rig?,

edit: just saw you said 7600gt, not 7900gt, that explains the lesser settings. Some people say they can squeeze higher settings with that card, but I wouldn't really know

Comment

Just thought I would do a few benchmarks of recent Nvidia drivers.

Specs:
        AMD 64+ 3200 Venice @ 2.4Ghz (3800+ Speeds)
        1.5GB DDR400 Kingston
        256MB Gigabyte 6800GS @ 485/1100 (Stock: 425/1000)
        MSI K8N Neo 4F
        200GB IDE Seagate

The drivers I tested were the 81.89 ForceWare 84.21 ForceWare, 91.47 ForceWare, 91.48 ForceWare, 91.52 ForceWare, and the 92.91 Betas

I only have two games that have an in built performance tester, they are FEAR and Company of Heroes.

Company of Heroes was first up, I left the settings at auto detected and forced 2xAA/4xAF via the Nvidia control panel.

Next up was FEAR, I put all the settings to max with soft shadows on, and once again forced 2xAA/4xAF via the Nvidia control panel.

As you can see something was wrong with the 81.89's, not sure what though.

Looks like it's back to the 84.21's for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Holle
          I just upgraded to the current drivers dated Sept 14th. Have no issues at all.
          Same here.. 6800GT and latest official 91.47 drivers from the Nvidia site. Performance is fine, and image quality *seems* a little better than previous drivers.

Comment

I don't how image quality could be better with new drivers if it's all the same options and there's never anything in the release notes relating to image quality...

But anywho, the 91.47's are working decent for me, and ought to do the same for your 7600gt

Comment

Yea, I just upgraded to the 91.47 driver and haven't had any problems yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER_76
                I got a 7900gt as well, alongside amd x2 4200+/2gb ddr2 ram. I still use the 81.xx driver and can play game all high settings with aa 4x. fps 50-100. I am suprised that you cant get more out of your system.

I haven't updated my driver as it all works fine for now and I have heard a few negative things about 91.xx series drivers. I suggest maybe you should go back to the older drivers. How olds your rig?,

edit: just saw you said 7600gt, not 7900gt, that explains the lesser settings. Some people say they can squeeze higher settings with that card, but I wouldn't really know
                7600GT with 2 GB RAM = All maxed out at 1280*1024, with good FPS (around 30 in heavy combat at Warlord). If EA actually didnt screwed up BF2 a 7600GT would have gotten like 60 FPS there, not to mention even higher cards.

Comment

84.25 FW's Own

Comment

i think i heard that the best drivers for the 6800gt were the 84.37 but thats just the 6800gt...and as ucan see that drivers only make a diff usually by 2-3fps which isnt much

and bf2 isnt that heavily screwed up...it just has so much going on that it takes alot of system resources...imagine a cs source map that is the size of a 64 player map in bf2

Comment

Killa4live do u have onboard sound or do u have a sound card. also if u dont mind could u post your exact video settings in the game ,thanx.

Comment

I was just in a sf server and at some points I got 124 fps and the lowest it went was 45 (high traffic, high volume server). I can't really complain, it seems as though my fps went up a lot (was maxing around 80 and averaging around 30-40).

athlon x2 3800 oc'd to 2.19ghz
                        3 gig ram
                        evga 7800 gt with 91.47 drivers

Comment

91.47 drivers seems good for me as well.

Comment

This might sound like a total noob question,but if i change drivers from 91.33 to 91.47 i do not have do a clean install of battlefield 2.I have crap cleaner to run after iun install the old drivers,should i also use a driver cleaner.

Comment

Jazza, wow, you own dude. thanks for stats.

Comment

Working...
                              X