BF2 Booster Pack Bundle for sale?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF2 Booster Pack Bundle for sale?!

I think HalfLife and HalfLife2 mods they did that, they said it was "only available online" next thing you know it out in the stores. I think they did that with Day Of Defeat when it first came out.

Comment

I have already bought both Boosters, but I would love to have them on disk because I hate having to reinstall BF and wait for the damn things to download. When you add in the download times to your install/patching times, it makes BF2 an 2 hour install.

Comment

Buy a DVD burner, and a DVD-R/RW. Then burn the full install of BF2 onto your DVD. When a patch comes out, burn the full patch onto a CD-R/RW.

Then you'll have your full install with all the trimmings on two little disks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka
          Buy a DVD burner, and a DVD-R/RW. Then burn the full install of BF2 onto your DVD. When a patch comes out, burn the full patch onto a CD-R/RW.

Then you'll have your full install with all the trimmings on two little disks.
          Actually, I have a stack of DVD-R DL media laying around, so I could do that if you think there are no special registry keys that need to be backed up. I would be fine with copying the folders over.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
            I have already bought both Boosters, but I would love to have them on disk because I hate having to reinstall BF and wait for the damn things to download. When you add in the download times to your install/patching times, it makes BF2 an 2 hour install.
            Do a search using my Tag on these forums you will find threads written about burning the EF and AF onto CD rom so you never ever have to re-download again.

Comment

hey maybe this will bring more players to af/ef......................and next we need vanilla,ef,af and sf in a deluxe edition

Comment

Originally posted by Cherni_95
                hey maybe this will bring more players to af/ef......................and next we need vanilla,ef,af and sf in a deluxe edition
                I am still hoping that we will see some more ranked maps come out for EF. I love that weapons in that pack and it would make for some great rounds.

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                Do a search using my Tag on these forums you will find threads written about burning the EF and AF onto CD rom so you never ever have to re-download again.
                Actually, I do recall your post a few months ago on pulling the files out of a temp folder. I thought it was over in the AF threads some place. I am really glad I did not do the SF download too.

Comment

I am still hoping that we will see some more ranked maps come out for EF. I love that weapons in that pack and it would make for some great rounds.

Actually, I do recall your post a few months ago on pulling the files out of a temp folder. I thought it was over in the AF threads some place. I am really glad I did not do the SF download too.
                  The SF was a major Fubar on the download. I bought SF with the disks at the store.

I always believed that retail with disks is the best way to sell a product. Downloads only only generate headaches and pain for all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)
                    The SF was a major Fubar on the download. I bought SF with the disks at the store.

I always believed that retail with disks is the best way to sell a product. Downloads only only generate headaches and pain for all involved.
                    And the product eventally disappears because you don't own a copy. Hell, I would never fire-up Starcraft if I did not still own the CD for it.

Comment

Save yourselfes the trouble pls.. Euroforces + Armored furt both suck donkey's ***.. I got em all even special forces.. Bf2 Vanille is the best IMO

Comment

Originally posted by -=[T.O.K]=-D_Twi
                        Save yourselfes the trouble pls.. Euroforces + Armored furt both suck donkey's ***.. I got em all even special forces.. Bf2 Vanille is the best IMO
                        LOL, funny how UTAC's and Jolt OSS servers is on my favorities list and are always full. EF is great, just not enough maps for the general/urban warfare CSS players mixed in the BF community.

Comment

so I could do that if you think there are no special registry keys that need to be backed up.
                          Most games only have 3 important registry keys:
                          1. entry for uninstaller so it appears in add/remove programs list
                          2. install location
                          3. version
                          You only need these to patch or uninstall the game. Many games like BF2 add a CD key entry; that's the only one you need to play. I believe EF/AF only have those first three entries so just copying their files should be good enough to play but you should re-create the install location and version registry keys if you ever restore the files or they may not get patched when you patch BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                            Most games only have 3 important registry keys:
                            1. entry for uninstaller so it appears in add/remove programs list
                            2. install location
                            3. version
                            You only need these to patch or uninstall the game. Many games like BF2 add a CD key entry; that's the only one you need to play. I believe EF/AF only have those first three entries so just copying their files should be good enough to play but you should re-create the install location and version registry keys if you ever restore the files or they may not get patched when you patch BF2.
                            Man, there was a thread last week that someone really needed to backup his keys because he lost the case. If this is true, I bet he could really use this info.

Comment

Working...
                            X