Multiplayer Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Lag

I've tried all the tweaks and fixes I can find but the lag in multiplayer for me is ungodly. Only in multiplayer however, Singleplayer I'm lag-free. Even on the lowest settings I still Lag. I tried every tweak. I play on low ping servers. Nothing. I think it has to do with this strange bug I'm having. When i run with a weapon, it jumps back and forth like I'm sprinting then not sprinting then sprinting and so on. Also i can't use my scroll wheel to select a different weapon when this is happening either. Its driving me crazy. Any help?

AMD64 3000+
    768Mb of ram (a little low i know, but even on everything low it still chops)
    Sapphire x800gto.

Re: Multiplayer Lag

More RAM

Comment

Originally posted by HIV
      More RAM
      I don't think ram is the problem. Why would singleplayer work perfect but multiplayer not if I need more ram?

Comment

Because single player is limited to 16 characters while on multiplayer has more than that and the processor isnt that great either but meanwhile set the texure to low no AA or shadows @1024x800 and see what happens + close any AV/firewall and unnessesary application.

Comment

wat settings do u have it on and wat programs is running in the background?

Comment

Maybe its because your processor not reading right my suggest reinstall bf2 or restart pc see if that help...tell me what your fps average...

Comment

Originally posted by FLIPINOMAD
              wat settings do u have it on and wat programs is running in the background?
              I don't leave any programs on in the background i have it a all medium except for low textures no dynamic lighting and low lighting, no AA, 800x600.

Comment

Maybe your connection sucks

Comment

Originally posted by VEThrifty
                  Maybe your connection sucks
                  No I have cable. I always have a ping around 30-60. I just reinstalled, and it worked perfectly. I was so happy, but it slowly started becoming choppier and its back to what it was before. I swear its connected to this gun jumping back and forth bug, because that didn't happen when my game was running smoothly but when it was choppy, the gun started jumping back and forth.

Comment

scan ur pc for viruses and spyware, also at is ur download speed?

Comment

dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-09-18 18:58:04 EST:
                      4531 / 345
                      Your download speed : 4531 kbps or 566.4 KB/sec.

Your upload speed : 345 kbps or 43.1 KB/sec.

Comment

defrag?

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                          defrag?
                          I'll do that overnight, but i don't expect any success from that considering I reformatted about 3 weeks ago.

Comment

defrag will also help greatly

Comment

I have 1gb of ram and notice when I play Single Player it is smooth, but when I go online it lags for the first couple of minutes then gets better. I am almost certain my issue is because I need more ram.

Comment

Working...
                              X