freeze ups and then lose connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze ups and then lose connect

hi all i have a small problem when ever i run bf2 or any game i freeze up for about 30 secs and then lose connection to teamspeak any idears why this is happerning?
    also anyone know wot size the paging file should be for 2gig of memory

thanks

Re: freeze ups and then lose connect

could be ur internet or their server?

Comment

no its a proformence problem nothink to do with internet anyone ??

Comment

There is the BF2 support forum, post stuff like this there.

You need to help me to help you, I need full system specs.

Comment

specs:

AMD 3700
          2GIG MEM
          A8N DELUXE SLI BOARD
          160GIG HD
          7800GT
          WINDOWS XP

AND I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS OTHERWISE I WOULD OF POSTED THERE !

Comment

I had a similar problem and i fixed it by uninstalling BF2. Then I installed the latest chipset drivers and latest display driver. After that I reinstalled BF2, parched it to 1.4 and updated PBsetup and problem solved.

Comment

ok ty 'oUtL@w' its not just bf2 i tryed installing other games like graw ect it freezes all the time ?

Comment

if it freezes its a overheating problem

Comment

it only does it when i try to install and game or lunch a game !!!

Comment

Dude..
                    1. make SURE you got RID of that 1.3 patch and files.
                    2. use FULL 1.4 patch
                    3. Graphics cards always need newest drivers..search the MANUFACTURER only for updated drivers.
                    4. CPU drivers may need flashing a update,but not the usual case.
                    5. Graphics card must be near top of the current line
                    (above GeForce ultra 5600 or ATI 9600XT) minimum 256 memory.
                    Fix one item at a time.
                    ALSO the "set affinity" trick works for a lot of dual core folks
                    NoMommy

Comment

It did all said in the post above, but it did not help. Same problem here, it keeps crashing. There is a post for people with dual core. They just have to set the "affinity??" in Taskmanager to only one cpu.

But I have an athlon xp 2800 and with my 6800 GT the game always ran smoth in med-high. Even with everything on low now the game crashes and when i refresh the browser and don´t join a server i get a CTD between 5-20 minutes without doing anything. It´s not fair:cry:

Comment

I have a similar problem.

I can join a map but as I am choosing where to spawn or what loadout I want, thats where it freezes.

BUT, I have found that it is server specific. I play on the SGS servers, they have like 5 different ones to join. There is one that I play on that has (touch wood) never frozen.

The rest all freeze.

I have removed & un-installed BF2. Installed fresh 1.4 abd updated PB. I have also got the latest display drivers.

This also happend with the 1.3 patch & I had almost given up.

My PC is only about a month old. I have taken it back to them and they had it for almost a week and cant find anything wrong with the H/W. It did have a problem where it would freeze with 4 x 256 and not with 2 x 256MB. I got it swapped to 2 x 1GBs and its all good.

AMD 3800+
                        2GB RAM
                        7600GS GPU
                        WinXP
                        (4got wo motherboard:hmm:

It has on onboard NIC. Do you think it might be that?? I havent tried another NIC yet.

Its just strange the way it works perfectly on one server but not the rest...

Comment

Working...
                        X