A Solution To VOIP Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Solution To VOIP Problems!

Hi All. Very recently I started having problems with the ingame VOIP. All of a sudden I could hear other players but they could not hear me. I checked here on the forums and noticed that some others were also having the same issues. Now this may not fix your problem and it may have also been discussed before. Please don't flame as like I said, it has worked for me.

The obvious "fixes" I tried were:
    • Make sure microphone is connected properly to the PC
    • Make sure that the transmitting and receiving options in BF2 were set to 100%
    • Make sure that BOOST MIC GAIN is checked
    • Checked my microphone, wav and play volume levels in Windows were set to 100% and not muted

All of the above did nothing for my problem. However, there was one other control level I found, which fixed the problem.
    • Navigate to sound recorder on your PC (START > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder)
    • Click EDIT > Audio Properties
    • Under the SOUND RECORDING option, Click the VOLUME button.
    • Make sure that this CAPTURE level is set to 100% and not muted.

Now I don't know if this works for others, but this fixed my problem. Hope it helps you.

Re: A Solution To VOIP Problems!

Arrr, I don't mean to revive old topics here, but I'd like to thank you for helping me with my Mic. I've been having trouble for a while, and unfortunately EA is not cunning on the hardware recognition aspects. I followed your steps, and I'd like to add one thing additionally that made mine start working:

Set the threshold to 0 for push to talk. BF2 at least now always recognizes my microphone even though its picking up background noise. I reckon a patch could of fixed this issue a long time ago, but this works just as good for me :P

Comment

thanks
      much help

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I'm glad it helped some of you

Comment

helped me for sure

Comment

Thanks Snoop, i done that & it wasnt muted & everything wwas all the way up.

Set the threshold to 0 for push to talk. BF2 at least now always recognizes my microphone even though its picking up background noise. I reckon a patch could of fixed this issue a long time ago, but this works just as good for me :P
            Thanks, i just done this, but havent entered the game to check yet, but i'll let you know. when i put it on zero i & hit the "test mic" i seen about a quarter inch green bar (before it was all grey) so maybe that done something, i mean my headset & mic has to be working, i can go into control panel, sound option & test my hardware & mic & i can see & hear myself, so definatly a problem i got in bf2, i jsut thinks it weird where it used to work a few weeks ago.

i really dont use it unless someone talks to me, my friend got online bf2 & i was playin with him 3 days ago & he coulnt hear me is only reason i noticed it.

Thanks again all :salute:

Comment

helped me out too thank you

Comment

Working...
              X