Ranked Server Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranked Server Setup

Greetings. I have a few questions about Ranked Servers, and since my search for what I needed turned up nothing I'm going to go ahead and post them. (Also the server section is private so I can't search that area)

The situation: The LAN organization I work with was given access to a 15M fiber connection in KC, MO. We placed a few machines there to use as servers, and are looking to get a Ranked BF2 server setup.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there enough bandwidth for a 16-32 player setup. According to what I've been told it's 15M that bursts to 30M.

2. How does one go about setting up a Ranked server? I'm sure there is some contact with EA, but I've found nothing when I search online. It might be possible I'm searching for the wrong thing. Any info that points me in the right direction would be appreciated.

That's all I have for now. Any additional info I might need would be helpful and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Ranked Server Setup

From what I understand..... You have to be a game server hosting company then go throw loops to get a ranked server. Like EA has to have a certain amount of access to the systems running there servers or some kinda crap like that. I'd just run a PoE 2 server. With a 15Mb pipeline you should do just fine running 32 players depending on your system. I believe the math is 7.5Kbs per player. Anyway if you do decided to run a PoE 2 server I suggest running the server mod taticalgamer.com runs. It's pretty sweat it enforce's players to join squads or be kicked. You'd be suprised people work as a team and I think its one of the best PoE 2 server out there. Any hope I helped.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into the PoE setup if I can't find a way to get it ranked. Can any server owners confirm that EA only supports ranked servers run by companies?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibby82
        Thanks for the reply, I'll look into the PoE setup if I can't find a way to get it ranked. Can any server owners confirm that EA only supports ranked servers run by companies?
        EA only gives the ranked server files to it's trusted EA partners... the game server providers..

Comment

Well....that sucks. I guess all we'll have is an unranked pub server.

Comment

Hum, i have read several people comment in other threads about playing on their own 'home ranked server'.. so can some of these individuals comment on how they set-up their ranked server?

Comment

Working...
            X