Gah i give up :*(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gah i give up :*(

Well ive tried all i could do. No matter game type i join be it 10 people or 60 i constantly go from 30-40 fps up to 700 then back down. Happens even when im just standin still. The pop up "There is a Problem With your connection" Comes up so often i cant even play . I tried turnin my settings down. Lowest theyll go and it still happens . Well my comp specs Are: AMD Athlon 3200, 1 Gig of Ram, a Geforce 5200. Im sure what internet i have but its high speed from Charter i got about 2 years ago =/ well /rant off.

Re: Gah i give up :*(

the geforce 5200 is your problem theres is ati radeon x800gto on newegg for about $100 bucks and get some ram

Comment

5200 card is very old and u shouldn't even be playing it on BF2, u desperatly need a new graphics card upgrade.

Comment

u think 5200 is old i sawe a mx 4000 in a store today

Comment

Opps 6200 i mean :P, Any other advice at what it might be?

Comment

its still your gfx. 6200 is low end card and you should be happy to get 30-40 fps with it. If you have mone then buy 7600GT or 7600GS . Ati x850XT would be also nice , since its very cheap nowadays.

Comment

Well i could get a new card i guess, but im not sure itll help = / Its not that i have constant lag but ill go smooth for a minute, hit a massive lag wall and get the pop up. Bleh im just gonna go back to CS, at least i can play it = /

Comment

and dont go out and buy a like 7800GT because it will be bottlenecked by the 3200+

Comment

I run must of my settings on low. Just for the sake of speed and I still get hard drive lag, which is prolly what your getting. My setup is.....

Athlon 64 3700+
                  1 Gb of cosair
                  7800GT

Yeah, I get ok frames, I can't lag. Soo I run all my settings on low for the sake of that. I wish BF2 wasn't a mem whore. I don't see many reason's why it should be as bad as it is. It used to not be back in the 1.0 days.

Comment

Thank you Hem for a real response ^_^, Its not like lag ive had in other games. Ill go from 30-40 ping to around 700 than it slowly goes back down. Im starting to wish i hadnt spent 50 bucks on this game ><. Well at least single player is fun at work :"(

Comment

i love cs (1.6 right?) lol and if ur getting a vid card i recommend a 6600gt for budget cuz its pretty decent and if u have like 50 bucks more go for a 6800gt

i recommend ebay also...very cheap prices if ur patient enuff

Comment

I never said i was buying a new video card ><

Comment

Originally posted by stephensolfo
                          u think 5200 is old i sawe a mx 4000 in a store today
                          try a Geforce 2 MX card, I still have it and thats old

Comment

Originally posted by Yoodar
                            I never said i was buying a new video card ><
                            your video card is the problem, if you want to continue playing at a reasonable rate you would have to upgrade,

this is the world of gaming & computers everything changes

Comment

It could be your internet connection.
                              Download and setup pingplotter... http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

Run some traces against the server. Some of them drop this kind of traffic to prevent DOS attacks, so you might need to try a few before any numbers come back.

It will show where the problems lie. You should set the red line at say 140ms (you'll know what I mean by redline when you crank it up).

p.s. going from 30-40 fps (frames per second) up to 700 is impossible with your graphics card. You must mean from 30-40ms up to 700ms (ping).

Comment

Working...
                              X