Unbelievable lag, stuttering and low FPS in 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable lag, stuttering and low FPS in 1.4

After i instlled 1.4, i can hardly play on my system. The game is ridiculously laggy and choppy, my fps is almost half of what it was in 1.3, and every 10 seconds or so, my game freezes for a second.

I know this can't be hapenning with many people because there has been little complaining about it.

I know that this has NOTHING to do with my system. Why? Because i put all my settings on low, res to 800x600, and software sound, and there was NO difference in the gameplay. Same fps, stuttering and lag. This is something about bf2, as i never had these problems in 1.3.

I've underclocked my video card to normal stock settings. No help. I've done all the things to make bf2 perform better, like pbsleep 500, priority high, paging executive off, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Nothing has worked.

I have 2 gigs, P4 3ghz, 6800gt. This setup worked beautifully in 1.01, and as everyone knows, performance has gone way down with the 1.3 patch. But now, this is unacceptable. I can't even gun in a chopper, aim straight, or even drive cars without crashing. I look up at the sky, 25 fps. Looking into an intense battle, 15 fps. I remember in 1.01, i could play with all high settings and it was sooo smooth. But of course, Dice had to ruin all that.

I have reinstalled bf2, and used the full patch. I don't know what there is left to do.

Would this be something i have done, or is this a new patch-only thing? Please help, i can't even enjoy playing anymore.

Re: Unbelievable lag, stuttering and low FPS in 1.4

What patch combo are you using?
    What boosters do you hae installed?
    If you are using the newest Nvidia drivers that might be your problem.
    The "lag" you speak of is not lag in the traditional sense. If your ping is within it's usual normal range it's your drivers. I am 99% sure. Roll back Wal-Mart style.

Comment

Re: Unbelievable lag, stuttering and low FPS in 1.4

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
      What patch combo are you using?
      What boosters do you hae installed?
      If you are using the newest Nvidia drivers that might be your problem.
      The "lag" you speak of is not lag in the traditional sense. If your ping is within it's usual normal range it's your drivers. I am 99% sure. Roll back Wal-Mart style.
      Patch combo, if this is what you are talking about, is 1.01 -> 1.4 full
      No boosters
      Nvidia 91.37. These are not the latest, 91.47 is. I should try these first, right?
      You are right, this is not lag due to high ping. My ping can be 10 and still have these problems. I will use the newer nvidia drivers and see if this works, then use the old ones.

Well, i am using 91.31 since the newest drivers' control panel didn't work. The performance is the same... ping low, its laggy and stuttering, very low fps.

I will do a much needed (4 months...) defrag tomorrow when i get home from school.

On EAUK, people were reporting that other people had this problem, dubeed the '15 fps' bug. They still can't get rid of it, but i am not the only one.

Comment

Working...
      X