Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom turning screen black

Hi guys,

anyone else heard of this happening when playing BF2?

Sometimes when I zoom with a weapon (right click) the screen goes black. zoom back out- and it is normal. This is frustrating because I can't even use the zoom. It happens randomly on random weapons.

AND

another random issue is after the round is over the icons at the top of the scorboard aren't showing up. The icons for kill/death etc. are just a small black square.

I am using a Radeon X800GTO that works great for everhthing else. Settings are all at medium in game, 2x AA tried different resolutions, and still getting this.

Thanks!

Re: Zoom turning screen black

I had the problem with the zoom turning black. I was using a Radeon X600 at the time. It had something to do with the 3D settings in the Catalyst control center, I think, because when I changed the settings to a higher quality,the problem stopped. It could have just been coincidence though. I switched to an nVidia 6800 and I haven't had the problem since.

Comment

oh I see it got moved, well I guess I won't get an answer now. I havn't had much luck getting help in this subforum.

Thanks falconkaji though.

anyone else that actually reads this post now have any ideas?

Comment

bump,

I know someone has had this problem before.

Comment

I've had this problem. Two things fix it:

Respawning, and opening the menu. Neither fixes it every single time, but I'd say about 80% of the time.

It sucks, there is no doubt in my mind. DICE really screwed us ATi users.

Comment

ahh, how often does this happen to you? It only started on me a couple of weeks ago. not too long after 1.4

Thanks for the tips

Comment

well, I'm currently not playing BF2 until I get a graphical problem worked out, one that may or may not be related to this. It's just as annoying though. Here's the thread: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96746

I've run into the bug a few times, and so has my best friend. Maybe once a day at the most.

Comment

Working...
              X