DIFFERENT Sniper Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIFFERENT Sniper Tips

When you get your sniper kit, go somewhere were you have a good view of a spot, some cover that you can move to, and not easily seen. Unless you are in a all city map and know bushes or grass, then try to stay in the cover of nature. thats what the ghillie suit is for. Road To Jalalabad is one of the best maps for sniping because it has both city and natureishness in it.
    Also, when you are moving to your special litle spot, try to go the back way where no one sees you. Then, when you see an enemy, only shoot at him if hes relatively far away. Otherwise, take out your pistol or knife. If the person is far away, try to aim for the head, if your good enough to take the shot that is.Then, if you even have a slght chance that he saw you, and youve already killed you more than once, i would run for it. Just run. hes probably going to try and outsnipe you, sneak up behind you, or order artillery.
    There is this spot in Road to Jalalabad that is great. No one ever sees me or looks my way. it is great for sniping other sninpers, because of the way the spot is.
    If you can't decide what team you want to be on, i suggest that you pick the USMC team. They have the best sniper rifles in MY opinion, because i like bolt action. It is more damaging and more accurate than the semi-autos, but maybe you like to rush. If you like to rush while sniping, i suggest you pick the MEC or China team. They both have semi's and are quick to the draw.
    Now, for your rifle choice. I like the L96A1 the best, because of the accuracy, the crosshair size, the reload time, the noise andthe look of it, though the look has nothing to do with how good the gun is. The M24 is my second choice, because it is accurate, and is damaging. Then the M95, even though i hate the gun, but it does do a good amount of damage. Do not use this gun if you want to shoot long range, i suggest you only use it if there are a lot of helicopters or lots of people running close to you. It isnt very accurate, and the crosshair is kinda thick, but it can shoot through cockpit glass so you can take out some jets or heli's. This is the first sniper unlock, then the L96A1. The SVD and the Type 88 are mainly used for rushing the enemy and shooting from not too far away, but you might prefer to do long range shots with it, though i dont reccomend it for that use.
    When you are lying down, you are the most accurate, when your crouching, your accurate but not as accurate as prone, and then when you are standing up, you are the least accurate of all three positions. Whenever you get the chance to lie down, do it. You become far more accurate that way and get more headshots.
    If you are worried about someone sneaking up behind you, lay some claymores in the rear or any entry way that is exposed. if you hear some footsteps, take out your pistol and aim for the neck/head for some good shots. Once he is dead, MOVE.
    If someone sees you, you shooot him, and he only has a little health left then i would take my nade out and toss in his direction, a little in front of him, then get out your pistol and make a run for it.
    I hope this thread helps you out in the near future, and remember practice makes perfect. Happy Hunting.

Re: DIFFERENT Sniper Tips

Dude, this is the exact same guide as before you made, and that guide got locked because it was common knowledge(sp?) and you post it again?

Oh, and that part where you said "There is this spot in Jalalalalabad where no one ever sees me and is good for sniping other snipers", and you don't even tell us we're it is, your just basicly saying "ZOMFG there is this good spot in jalalalabad" and saying that in a guide without telling where it is, is pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by hiddensniper09
      When you get your sniper kit, go somewhere were you have a good view of a spot, some cover that you can move to, and not easily seen.
      No?!? Really?!

There is this spot in Road to Jalalabad that is great. No one ever sees me or looks my way. it is great for sniping other sninpers, because of the way the spot is.
      Oh boy I wish I knew where this place was!

When you are lying down, you are the most accurate, when your crouching, your accurate but not as accurate as prone, and then when you are standing up, you are the least accurate of all three positions. Whenever you get the chance to lie down, do it. You become far more accurate that way and get more headshots.
      So that's why I never kill anyone...

If you are worried about someone sneaking up behind you, lay some claymores in the rear or any entry way that is exposed.
      ...and that's why I keep getting knifed in the back!!

Seriously mate, and I know this is a harsh, but these 'tips' are not different. They are not new. It doesn't take a new sniper 30 seconds to realise what a claymore does and where to put it. I won't even start on the prone, crouch, standing issue. These points you have put down are literally as old as the game itself. When I say "Different sniper tips" I thought, "Oh good, something refreshing and new for the sniper!". But no, I get a bunch of, and to be frank, useless crap.

I'm sorry to put it like that but you need to wake up and get with the programme.

Comment

Rofl My @$$ Off!!!

Comment

you have 22 kills and 31 deaths with a sniper...

you have only played sniper for 1 hour

if thats not you sorry.

Comment

still pondering about the "different" bit....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. DesertFox
                you have 22 kills and 31 deaths with a sniper...

you have only played sniper for 1 hour

if thats not you sorry.

LOL, maybe you should give sniper tips after you've played more than 2 rounds of BF2 lol.

Comment

Hey, I've got a few tips you might want to add:-

1. Don't Die
                  2. Kill People.
                  3. Don't point out the bleedin' obvious...

Comment

Okay people, I guess it's enough. Mayby this guide was a bit too obvious to be named with header different tips, but information is correct and beginners may read it with joy. Hiddensniper made an effort to help others you should not be mocking him for that. Newbies most likelly don't want to search old threads in the first times so this is good guide and fresh a release of old matters. No more no less.

Comment

Originally posted by FeX_IronC

still pondering about the "different" bit....

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

I must say, this had to be worth it for all this. Poor guy...

Anyway, general advice for any budding good samaritans who believe they have important tips and advice to impart:

1. Make sure what you're offering is not just another variation of: "Point your gun at the enemy, and shoot at him to hit him; to kill him, shoot at him until he falls over backwards"
                      2. If it sounds like common sense... it is. A person being hit by bullets- would take cover by the whim of his common senses. A sniper with a ghille suit would hide naturally. Similarly A person getting into a car would drive it.
                      3. Telling everyong about the best positions to spawn-rape, camp or anything of that nature isn't exactly help... but tell us anyway, we'll know where to find you.
                      4. Usually, most tips people have thought of, probably would have been thought of by someone else already - this game has been around for long enough. So be sure to check if your newest brain-wave already exists with the search function.

You have much to learn, grasshopper.

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972
                      Okay people, I guess it's enough. Mayby this guide was a bit too obvious to be named with header different tips, but information is correct and beginners may read it with joy. Hiddensniper made an effort to help others you should not be mocking him for that. Newbies most likelly don't want to search old threads in the first times so this is good guide and fresh a release of old matters. No more no less.
                      Fair point... but then, a lot of his 'help' would have been mentioned in the instruction manual for BF2. :P

Comment

Yeah true what you said Six, but maybe we move forward and try find more usefull to write

Comment

Originally posted by ACE_FIN1972
                          Yeah true what you said Six, but maybe we move forward and try find more usefull to write
                          Indeed, I admire the effort he's put into it, thats for sure. Some paragraphing would have made it easier to read too.

I do think there should be a dedicated help section for beginners- it's not that much of an impact on TBF2's pocket book I'm sure.

Comment

The biggest tip I can give as a sniper is do not shot until you see the red name tag. Also, it is ok to walk around as a sniper, as long as your targets are at a good distance. Lay your clamyore by the flags (duh). And the third tier unlock for the sniper does not have a big bullet drop as the others. I thought the thing was grap, until I stopped adjusting for a bullet drop. Just my tidmits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jones
                              The biggest tip I can give as a sniper is do not shot until you see the red name tag. Also, it is ok to walk around as a sniper, as long as your targets are at a good distance. Lay your clamyore by the flags (duh). And the third tier unlock for the sniper does not have a big bullet drop as the others. I thought the thing was grap, until I stopped adjusting for a bullet drop. Just my tidmits.
                              Yeah, always helps to test out a weapon on a wall to test for bullet-drop. Usually a bit hard to do coz your weapon recoils when shot, but you can get the idea if you look close enough.

Hm... patience and calmness is key. Do not chase your targets with the cross-hair, wait for them to run into it. Basic stuff, but a lot of people end up chasing all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X