high ping of 700+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high ping of 700+

ok. i have been playing bf2 for a long time now and just recently i started gettting high pings of 700+. and i get the problem wit connection way too much.
    my computer specs are followz
    amd athlon 64 bit 3500+ 2.2 gigahurts idle speed, around 3.5 when working
    2048 gb ddr memory.came with the 1gb when i bought it and added 2 X 512 gb pc 3200 kingston memory chips.
    Nvidia geforce 7600 gs 256mb with the main driver nv4_disp.dll version 6.14.0010.9131
    i've tried playing bf2 online at settings of res at 800x600, lowest settings, audio low, dis-abled eax.
    i have comcast "highspeed internet" i ran a banwith test and it's below
    http://reviews.cnet.com/7009-7254_7-...E=&&kbps=828.9 (OH AND BTW IF THIS JUST SETS UP UR CONNECTION IT SHOWED ME AT 829.9 KBPS, COMCAST.NET SAYS IT SHOULD BE 4000 KBPS, BUT)
    i mean i just don't know what to do.....
    please help. my friend and i did the same test. he lives a few miles away. he got around 6000 kbps.same comcast, he even has wifi.just help please im very desperate.
    btw: i played singlemode at high settings with not a gigebite of a second of lag.it was flawless, but then i tried to play online and it din't work help please.

Re: high ping of 700+

i feel your pain..... i have also been playing for a long time, and just after installing patch 1.4, my ping has gone through the roof.
    i used to average around 30-70, but now i'm lucky if i can keep it under 100....GAY!!!!!!!!
    i was super pissed off!!!
    i called the fella that custom built my pc for me, but all he could suggest was a debug, and to update drivers....... so i updated the drivers, and it seemed to work....hope that helps

Comment

Alright, It could be a factor of things, Try getting a new ethernet adaptor, if that does not work then phone your ISP (comcast) and ask them if there are any new modems or if you can get yours replaced, aswell as have the levels tested.... I had the same problem with my ISP, SHAW) , they came and replaced the line from the pole to the house and it worked great after.

Comment

I had that high spikes, I removed setting for bf in firewall and reset them again, also updated PB

Comment

Get a copy of MTUSPEED or similar program and tune your connection.
          Im coming from WWII fighter sims, and everyone in our group is required to use it.

Comment

i called cocaast and they're going to send a tech out and check it out, the guy said it was a conncection problem, so hopefully it will be fixed.
            thanks guys

comcast*
            sry for double post

comcast*
            sry for double post guys

Comment

Working...
            X