which booster pack should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which booster pack should i get?

well im totally new to this game, but i am liking it this far. im thinking of getting an expansion pack, which one would you recommend?

also if i get say the euro pack, can i use the new equipment in all servers or only special servers that run that version of the game?

Re: which booster pack should i get?

i think u can have both but i may be wrong. if i am, then get euro

Comment

If you are going to buy something buy Special Forces. SF is more for ground pounding than anything else.

Comment

euro force

Comment

Don't get any booster packs.

Comment

PoE2!!!!!!!!!!! Price: £0.00

Ok, seruously, I'd go for Armor Fury, the maps are really good on there.

Comment

I think you should get special forces. I bought both armoured fury and euro force and havent played them in months :

By special forces !

Comment

I'll rank them...

Special Forces is awesome.

Armored Fury is decent, but the maps get repetitive. It's a nice change up from SF and regular BF from time to time though.

Euroforces stinks. The only reason I play it is for the medal that you can get. It might take me a while though. I really hate the maps.

Comment

get special forces, dont get boosters

Comment

Originally posted by roger smith
                    get special forces, dont get boosters
                    wait isnt special forces a booster pack?

also, you all are saying that if i buy one of the booster packs, i can only use the additional equipment (planes, tanks, guns) on special map that comes with the pack? not on regular BF2 servers?

id appreciate someone clearing that bit up for me, ive been only playing this game for 2 days now.

Comment

Special Forces is an expansion pack. It's pretty much the same as a mod. Servers either run 'normal' BF2, or Special Forces.

Euro Force and Armored Fury are booster packs. They're simply add-ons to 'normal BF2'. A server owner could put the EF and AF maps in a normal BF2 map cycle if they wanted to. Not many do though, as it would kick people who don't have that booster when that map is loaded.

The weapons/vehicles in either SF or the two boosters can only be used within SF or the boosters. For example - you can't use SF's Apache gunship anywhere else than on the maps where you'll get it in Special Forces. Likewise, the Little Bird and the A10 are only usable in Armored Fury.

Special Forces is really good for a nice change.
                      Armored Fury is good too - nice new vehicles, and decent maps.
                      Euro Force sucks. Maps are boring (in my opinion).

Whatever you choose - enjoy!

Comment

thank you that clears things up plenty, actually i was searching for this information when i found this site.

EAs own page is impossible to navigate or the info just isnt there.

sounds like theres no reason to buy any of them, but i might get armour fury for now, and SF later when i get bored of the game.

Comment

it depends if you like armor or infantry AF for the tanks and SF for the infantry

Comment

ok, i actually did look up which equipment you get with each expanison pack, and i must say i liked AF and the EURO one, cause of the vehicles/planes.

theres enough small arms in the original one to last me a while.

on a sidenote i was shot with the .50 cal sniper rifle in the torso and i survived!

and here i was longing to unlock it... thats really really bad realism, basicly the semi auto sniper rifles are way superior to the .50 in this game, right?

what good is it? can i kill choppers/APCs with it?

Comment

Working...
                            X