Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come on DICE, at least make sure you fix problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on DICE, at least make sure you fix problems.

We all know after 1.3 everyone was whining and screaming about CTDing well we waitied for 1.4, supposidly the fix to the problem. Well, it isn't at all. Today i CTD 3 times. Once just randomly walking about Ghost Town mid game and another two which our server admin has found is not a real CTD, seems PunkBuster crashes randomly.

Originally posted by Our Server Admin
    Well it looks like this patch has issues, I have just witnessed, again, the server empty of players, it didn't crash according to clanforge but the punkbuster log says that everyones connection was lost at the exact same time. Luckily about 12 people rejoined so the game started straight away. After waiting in for an hour and a half getting a game going for it to play an hour then crash is really annoying, luckily it was the only SF IO server. I know it's not the server since we are on a new one.
    Also another bug i have witnessed in our server along with others, heres a chat log for it:
    Originally posted by Chat Log from Today
    [Buffer] [11:58:13] +DoD+ PSYCHO80(GER) -> restart the map please
    [Buffer] [11:58:26] Sebol*93* -> stupid serwer
    [Buffer] [11:58:56] (AfA) horst-philip -> redbug
    [Buffer] [11:59:00] (AfA) horst-philip -> restart please
    [Buffer] [11:59:25] (AfA) horst-philip -> whats wrong here two redbugs
    [Buffer] [12:00:22] =S&D=stocki.rs -> ?
    [Buffer] [12:00:26] -=1980=-|Kris -> no admin?
    [Buffer] [12:00:35] (AfA) horst-philip -> hello whats wrong here
    [Buffer] [12:00:44] (AfA) horst-philip -> every second person have redbug
    [Buffer] [12:00:53] razorblade(ch) -> klassenzusammenkunft
    [Buffer] [12:00:56] -=1980=-|Kris -> the whole server is buggy
    [Buffer] [12:01:14] LIVERDOG -> **** me this is mad????
    [Buffer] Strictly NO bunnyhopping, dolphin diving or base raping
    [Buffer] Server brought to you by PwnStars, Add us to your favourites and join us on Teamspeak @ 85.236.101.86:9047
    [Buffer] [12:01:20] (AfA) horst-philip -> yes that sucks
    [Buffer] [12:01:31] =S&D=stocki.rs -> What wrong
    [Buffer] [12:01:46] (AfA) horst-philip -> redbug
    [Buffer] [12:01:47] razorblade(ch) -> hey murphy kann mich killen
    [Buffer] [12:01:50] (AfA) horst-philip -> you have redbug too
    [Buffer] [12:01:51] PARAXENOS -> wow extembugs
    [Buffer] [12:02:07] (AfA) horst-philip -> hello whats wrong here
    [Buffer] [12:02:16] UKSAS1000 -> never seen this b4
    [Buffer] [12:02:43] (AfA) horst-philip -> jwhat is wrong here i can not run
    [Buffer] [12:02:56] LIVERDOG -> the score is goin down?
    [Buffer] [12:02:56] PARAXENOS -> yes ican not go down
    [Buffer] [12:03:16] (AfA) horst-philip -> ok bye it sucks her
    [Buffer] [12:03:30] UKSAS1000 -> let tickets go down
    [Buffer] [12:03:34] PARAXENOS -> and i can not use my hook
    [Buffer] [12:03:38] +DoD+ PSYCHO80(GER) -> jep
    [Buffer] [12:03:48] PARAXENOS -> eave this server
    [Buffer] [12:03:52] razorblade(ch) -> *§1TOT§0*it can go only better the next time
    [Buffer] [12:03:54] razorblade(ch) -> *§1TOT§0*lol
    [Buffer] [12:04:25] [LSF] 3vil5perm -> wth??
    [Buffer] [12:04:50] [LSF] 3vil5perm -> why is everyone invincible?
    [Buffer] [12:05:17] razorblade(ch) -> all of them are cheater
    [Buffer] [12:05:25] [LSF] 3vil5perm -> ****ers
    [Buffer] [12:05:29] =S&D=stocki.rs -> you are?
    [Buffer] [12:05:34] razorblade(ch) -> yes lol
    [Buffer] [12:05:44] =S&D=stocki.rs -> lol
    [Buffer] [12:05:46] Doctor_Weed -> give up you bastards
    [Buffer] Strictly NO bunnyhopping, dolphin diving or base raping
    [Buffer] Server brought to you by PwnStars, Add us to your favourites and join us on Teamspeak @ 85.236.101.86:9047
    [Buffer] [12:07:24] =S&D=stocki.rs -> **** server
    [Buffer] [12:07:44] razorblade(ch) -> und jetzt?
    [12:08:02] =S&D=stocki.rs -> aussteigen und anderen Server suchen
    [12:08:07] LIVERDOG -> this is a load of ****e.
    [12:08:08] [TE]= 1=Soldier=1hubeli -> man wer ist hier der BOSS!!!!????
    [12:09:51] jools -> wtf????
    [12:10:09] [TE]= 1=Soldier=1hubeli -> loool
    [12:11:17] jools -> why cant we kill each over
    Strictly NO bunnyhopping, dolphin diving or base raping
    Server brought to you by PwnStars, Add us to your favourites and join us on Teamspeak @ 85.236.101.86:9047
    [12:11:36] jools -> any1?
    [12:11:40] =TGK= Virsacer -> what the hell is this?
    [12:11:44] [NoR] Joggart -> hehe
    [12:12:04] <tLS> MorbidMonk -> its a bug, server needs rebooting, thought they wudda fixed it in 1.4
    [12:12:13] «PS» [CQD]Data[gtaf] -> oh great klol
    [12:12:50] [TE]= 1=Soldier=1hubeli -> LOOL! VER IS HIER DEUTSCH???
    [12:13:43] «PS» [CQD]Data[gtaf] -> LMAO WHAT THE ****
    [12:13:55] «PS» [CQD]Data[gtaf] -> this patch is ****ing ****
    [12:14:26] Athan 13735146 -> lol
    [12:14:40] «PS» [CQD]Data[gtaf] -> ohhhhhhhhhhhhkay then
    [12:14:53] «PS» [CQD]Data[gtaf] -> looks lie i shall have to restar i sad.gif
    [12:15:06] <tLS> MorbidMonk -> data if your able to reboot it then that'll fix
    [12:15:14] «PS» [CQD]Data[gtaf] -> yep ill do that now
    Heres a pic:

Come on, whats is going on. Fix it!

Re: Come on DICE, at least make sure you fix problems.

Sounds like it's your server.

Comment

Nope, ive had the CTD on other servers. Along with a few others. Its just that we could save it all because of it being our server.

Comment

Those who defend 1.4 are clearly only doing so because you don't have the problems yourselves. Come on, have an open mind.

I am sick and tired of trying to play this game. And no, i don't want to move to another game because i love this one, but not the bugs.

I can't even join a game because it keeps giving me the 'Lost connection to server' message before even letting me click 'Join Game'.

The game can fully load and everything, then as soon as it's done verifying, it kicks me off!

Comment

Originally posted by RavenRealms
          Those who defend 1.4 are clearly only doing so because you don't have the problems yourselves. Come on, have an open mind.

I am sick and tired of trying to play this game. And no, i don't want to move to another game because i love this one, but not the bugs.

I can't even join a game because it keeps giving me the 'Lost connection to server' message before even letting me click 'Join Game'.

The game can fully load and everything, then as soon as it's done verifying, it kicks me off!
          Well, the majority that I've seen on here don't ahve the problems that are described. It's simple really, if my installation of BF2 is actually working, I'm not going to sit here and whip everyone into a flame frenzy because 1:100 people are having problems.
          Just like everyone did before 1.3, reinstall the game. The problems you are describing sound like an unsuccessful patching.
          INSTALLATION ORDER: BF2>SF>EF>FULL1.3>AF>INCREMENTAL1.4

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
            Well, the majority that I've seen on here don't ahve the problems that are described. It's simple really, if my installation of BF2 is actually working, I'm not going to sit here and whip everyone into a flame frenzy because 1:100 people are having problems.
            Just like everyone did before 1.3, reinstall the game. The problems you are describing sound like an unsuccessful patching.
            INSTALLATION ORDER: BF2>SF>EF>FULL1.3>AF>INCREMENTAL1.4
            Believe me, myself and 1 other person i know have patched the game, reinstalled the game and we have no success. I have went through instructions provided by EA themselves for removing all registry entries etc. No use.

This problem didn't happen in 1.3, but the problem is similar. 1.3 crashed any server i wanted it to. 1.4 doesn't crash servers, but it kicks me out.

Remember, there are many people having this problem, not just me.

With 1.3, the server crashing effected everyone because they hated being kicked from a game. Why did the server crash? It was because of one individual with a bad client. I am one of those individuals. I had the power to crash any server i wanted to without fail, but now that DICE have fixed the server crashing, we all just get kicked from the game with the message "There is a problem with your connection"

To me this says that they have merely modified some code to KICK anyone with a bad client so that we aren't able to crash the server we try to join.

And when i say 'we', i'm referring to the people who could crash the servers in 1.3.

Comment

Working...
            X