Game Symbology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Symbology

Any place where I can get a complete rundown on the game symbology from the X in the scope to the flashing red/blue balls to the cross to the etc. etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. Thanks.

Re: Game Symbology

What?!

Comment

Well the X in the scope means A you hit something and B that it did damage.

Flashing dots on the map usually mean they're saying something, so check the chat. I think it also means they are firing.

Red crosses on the map means thatyou are a medic and someone wants a heal. If you aren't a medic you see these when you ask to be revived. Again, if you are, then you will see lighting bolts for revivable people.

Comment

^^^ A number of them are kit specific.

Blue is friendly, Red is enemy, gray is neutral or empty in the case of vehicles.

Medic, Support, and Engineer get a little icon over anyone who's requested their service. The requester also has all the nearby providers pointed out. So say I call for a Medic. All the friendly medics on my minimap now get the red cross on them for ~15secs. And all nearby friendly Medics can see who called for them. If you just see a red donut (for lack of a better term) around a friendly, that means they are low on <blank>, with blank being whatever it is you do. So support will see it around people low on ammo even though they haven't called for you yet. It's just things to help you figure out where you're needed most. One other point about Medic. The little red circle with the lightning bolt in it is some one who's been recently killed and needs a revive. Be carefull where you revive though. I see SOOO many medics who just run and dive at someone who's down with their paddles out, even when the guy who shot them is standing right their still (probably reloading.) Kill the enemy first, then revive. 15secs is plenty of time.

Comment

damn those flashing red/blue balls threw me off

Comment

its symbolism. you obviously havent seen the movie "boondock saints".

next youll be telling me about "giant perps".

Comment

This is a good place to get those kinds of questions answered. Just be sure to search before posting or you'll get lectures from everyone about how to search (not referring to this post, just a general statement).

Comment

Originally posted by DaMan
                Any place where I can get a complete rundown on the game symbology from the X in the scope to the flashing red/blue balls to the cross to the etc. etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum. Thanks.
                Is your last name Bush?
                Just play the game, all the explanation you need is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws
                  its symbolism. you obviously havent seen the movie "boondock saints".

next youll be telling me about "giant perps".
                  "I KILLED your cat you DRUGGIE *****!"

Comment

Well, if you have a close look at all the stock sniper rifle cross hairs, you'll notice that the M24 more closely resembles a crucifix than the other two. This can be taken in two ways. If anyone wants a full exegesis of the meaning behind this, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                    X