64 Bit Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Bit Help

so i just built my new comp and i got a 64 bit proccessor and my bf2 isnt working i have windows xp x64 pro i got a amd athlon64 3200+ evga 7600 gt ko 1 gig kingston nforce 4 ultra asus a8n-e 350 watt psu antec and does bf2 IM just woundering if its the windows that i have

the game trys to load but i get a black screen then it flickers like its a bout to load then it kicks me to the desktop

Re: 64 Bit Help

well my problem is i can play for about 30 secs. Then it crashes to desktop. I dont get any .dmp files. So Im thinking its just XP Pro x64 itself. heres my setup.
    Core 2 Duo E6600
    Asrock 775Dual-VSTA
    2GB PC3200 Ram
    250 GB WD SATA2 + 200GB Seagate SATA
    ATi Radeon X800 XL 256MB
    Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Comment

Originally posted by AgentJadeD.CA
      well my problem is i can play for about 30 secs. Then it crashes to desktop. I dont get any .dmp files. So Im thinking its just XP Pro x64 itself. heres my setup.
      Core 2 Duo E6600
      Asrock 775Dual-VSTA
      2GB PC3200 Ram
      250 GB WD SATA2 + 200GB Seagate SATA
      ATi Radeon X800 XL 256MB
      Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
      Your problem is because your 1.4 Incremental and you need the full

Originally posted by dreed90
      so i just built my new comp and i got a 64 bit proccessor and my bf2 isnt working i have windows xp x64 pro i got a amd athlon64 3200+ evga 7600 gt ko 1 gig kingston nforce 4 ultra asus a8n-e 350 watt psu antec and does bf2 IM just woundering if its the windows that i have

the game trys to load but i get a black screen then it flickers like its a bout to load then it kicks me to the desktop
      Have you done the Easy Info and thats all check marked?

Go to this link and pull down BF2 and click "Can it run it" and see if everythings ok there
      Check your system requirements. Can I Run it? Test your specs and rate your gamimg PC.

Comment

I did both on multiple installs and still get the same problem. I think ill just run it on xp pro x32

Comment

I run windows 64bit no problems at all now. Initially had dramas with SLi but thats fixed now too. the new beta nvidia drivers are very good

so no. Its not windows xp64 Its sounds stupid but have you tried other games? are you running x64 drivers?

Comment

For 64 processor usera to play BF2 you haveto change your setting in your processor. BF2 does not run well on Duel Core. I read this somewhere, once i find it I will post it here ofthe information and link.

Comment

ROFL @ srtest.com

Free Disk Space
              Minimum: 1.8 GB
              You Have: 264.3 GB

Comment

i got it working. My problem was bios settings. Now Im all good. Runs good without adjusting cpu, it was my AGP voltage and ram voltage. that i changed now no more crash to desktop.
                Heres a screenshot of maxed settings at 1152x864

Comment

Working...
                X