useless/good server rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• useless/good server rules

OK I was playing in a pretty anal retentive server. I wont say who ran it cough rockhead cough. they kicked/banned like crazy. It was pretty lame IMO.

And it made me think, How do most people prefer a server to run?

keeping in mind following bfroe no cheaters no teamkilling have fun I just mean game rules

Re: useless/good server rules

Treat people fairly, expect people to play by the rules and respect admins...it's quite simple really, at least that's how I admin our server.

Comment

Gergnoodle: Moving to main BF2 Discussion. This is a good topic.

Originally posted by [ht].ken
      Treat people fairly, expect people to play by the rules and respect admins...it's quite simple really, at least that's how I admin our server.
      Well said indeed. I could not agree more except I will add that guests as well as admins should ahve some common sense when playing.

Comment

id prefer the no attack the uncap untill the rest of the flags are captured, but its a pointless rule when it comes to wake island, because everyone can guess where the J10's will go,

having a TK limit aswell is good, was playing last night on MPUK server and 3 people where auto kicked for Tking, there was one problamactic but the person whinging for an admin didnt read the servers advertising

Comment

Yea I also prefer "no attack the uncap untill the rest of the flags are captured" It so annoying when you spawn and then killd before you can say "f**k my base is under attack" :laugh: I just hate that

Comment

I don't care how man flags you cap stay out the uncap. It sucks to load a server when one flag is left, and you have a few fags camping the uncap. The uncap was put thre for a reason, which i believe is balacne. Not for one team to stat pad and spawnkill.

As far as no jihading/ camping, you should be able to jihad in a truck/truck/ATV, but camping is gay 100% of the time. Even if you are trying to cap a flag, and you sit at the spawn points till you do, that is gay.

Comment

First of all, if any reads this, please write your rules in server welcome message. No one goes to your page to read them.
              About raping: it is much easier to kill choper/plane that is grounded, so why should we let them take off and rape us??? And also what are those ppl doing in uncapable, if there are flags to capture/defend??? And the answer is: they all want to get to plane/choper so they get more kills, more points... Maybe 3:1 w/l ratio had to stay for war college ribon, no no one (expcept commander) bothers about wining round. So raping have to be very welcome, so all "uber leet" pilots can help to cap some flags, they will join squads, not to be spawn raped.

Comment

Keep it fair and don't take sides.

Comment

Our server rules are the following:

No racial profanity
                  No stat padding
                  Respect Admins

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
                    Our server rules are the following:

No racial profanity
                    No stat padding
                    Respect Admins

That's it.
                    unlimited TK's ?

Comment

Well, our server auto-kicks for -10 score so...... oh and FF is off so it's kinda hard to tk .

Comment

I hate it when people attack the uncap, when all the flags are not their.
                        I don't mind it when all flags are capped

Comment

Originally posted by biogas
                          "First of all, if any reads this, please write your rules in server welcome message. No one goes to your page to read them."

Amen!

My pet peeve is a server that says this in thier message box, then proceeds to kick people ingame for rule-breaking, so when you go to thier homepage to find out exactly what rule you broke, thier rules are nowhere to be found.

Just write " if we dont like you, or youre winning, we'll kick you..."

Comment

Im for leaving the non-cap alone in theory but the rule itself can be hyper-enforced. Ive seen Spec Ops folks get kicked for invading to blow the UAV and shooting a couple guys along the way...

No vehicles attacking the uncap is a good rule when its enforced right.

Comment

Seriously, I was on a karkand server and they had so many rules that they enforced that eventually they kicked and banned so many people that there werent enough to start a ranked game so the round just ended. I just laughed at them, they were fighting with eachother. Then they kicked me.

Comment

Working...
                              X