Do I Move On???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I Move On???

Well its descision making time friends. Ever since yesterday, BF2 had been CTDing everytime i click a server.:cry: It wont even let me load. I tell you, though, i have done everything in my powert to fix it. EVERYTHING in the forums relating to CTD ive done. EXCEPT, reinstalling since i lost my CD-Key. (You Do need the key again right?) Anyway my question is, do I buy 2142 for 50-45 or pay another 10$ and still play BF2. Or do I move to CSS. I am pretty in love with BF2 despite its innumerable glitches. I keep crawling back.(we all know the game -even mods- kick a$$... thats why we play and thats why you are here instead of the CSS forums):laugh: But, do i love -10$ and old game or -45$ and new game?? There is a really good chance that even if i reinstall ill still have the flippin glitch!:cry:

Re: Do I Move On???

I say get buy another key. I am sure this thread will get locked soon because of some suggests people will make, but buy another key and reinstall.

Comment

If I had to choose I'd buy the game again and not waste my money on 2142.

Or, keep the money and take a girl out for dinner...

Comment

I am not sure if you can find the Key in the registry.

Comment

RocketChild - you technically can, but its an crazy long alphanumeric code thats like 200 characters long. its completely unusable...

daliup - I WISH... i play BF2 all the time... no time for girls... jk lol

Comment

Sadly (for your situation), the 1.4 patch is a major improvement over the problems with 1.3. Some would obviously love to argue that point into the ground, but I digress. The problems you are having are most certainly related to a failed patching. Im sure too as you stated that yopu already know that a complete reinstallation is the only fix for this. I guess I am lucky in the sense that I used an incremental patch that actually worked. I have not had any client crashes, and have seen only 1 server crash since the 1.4 patch was released.
            I sure hope you find that CD key.

Originally posted by RocketChild
            I am not sure if you can find the Key in the registry.
            You used to be able to get it from there, however, some have said that it is now encrypted in a way so that you cannot input it.

Comment

Originally posted by nonexistentuser
              daliup - I WISH... i play BF2 all the time... no time for girls... jk lol

Well that's just too bad :P

Comment

If you find your key, take a sharpie and write it on your CD. I have it on my BF2v and SF. It will save your a**.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                  If you find your key, take a sharpie and write it on your CD. I have it on my BF2v and SF. It will save your a**.

Or memorise it :laugh:

Comment

so i stay??? do you think BF2 will be like CS 1.6 and still pe popular in 2012?
                    does anyone know how to decrypt the regestry entry? AHRG!!! Im missing the game sooooo bad!!

Comment

there is an Windows Update issue causing CTDs over some bf2 instalations...

I posted that like a month ago on support forums... nobody took me serious...

The windows update is called: KB917422

Uninstall it and try to play.

Comment

i think bf2 will stay popular in the years to come. i have been playing since it has came out and just now i plan on getting good as a pilot and exploring that side of the game. im tired of being called a tank whore, now i wanna be called a plane whore.

Comment

THANK YOU DARK PEPE ill try that and get back

---plane whore are cooler (piss you off because they are too good) than tank whores anyway

EDIT: i went to add remove programs and its not there... how do i uninatall it???

Comment

Originally posted by nonexistentuser
                            THANK YOU DARK PEPE ill try that and get back

---plane whore are cooler (piss you off because they are too good) than tank whores anyway

EDIT: i went to add remove programs and its not there... how do i uninatall it???

If you are running Windows XP, you need to hit the checkbox at the top to show updates.

I think you need to know more then the KB# though.

Comment

i removed the KB921883 and nothing happened... still CTD. im not even loading the map. it just crashes as soon as i double click on the server in the list... even after i clicked "show updates" i only got that one update removed not the one you, Dark Pepe, intially recomentded. is there a reason why i can't find it in the list???

Comment

Working...
                              X