Two player IDs using same soldier name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two player IDs using same soldier name

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I ran a few searches trying to see if anyone else had my problem and I didn't find anything.

This is actually a problem I've had a long time ago (I think when one of the older patches came out). I had just reformatted after I kept getting BSODs and had reinstalled BF2 and the patch. I try to recover my account info- and nothing works. It kept saying that either the name didn't exist (which is not possible, I had nearly 6000 global at the time) or the password was incorrect (which is not possible, seeing as I still remembered what the password was).

Then (either out of curiosity or stupidity, I don't know which) I tried creating an account with the same soldier name, and it created a new account and new player ID.

My problem - my name now has two player IDs tied to the same name, and yet I can't access the older account. EA has thus far refused to help me by giving me the same answer that they give for recovering accounts (which always gives me the newer account).

Is there any way I can get my old stats back? Any help is appreciated.

Re: Two player IDs using same soldier name

Sounds like your pretty much screwed mate.
    Wish i could help but........

Surely you can log in to ea and have your accounts details emailed to you ,so you can check them out.

Comment

This could be a good thing too. I've thought about creating a new account just so my stats would be better overall.

I was such a n00b when I first started....hmmm...sadly not much has changed.

Comment

^^ yeah i was thinking of starting a new account since i had a really bad bad start with my current account

r u absolutely sure u typed in the name correctly? like going to bf2s and seeing if u could find ur name

Comment

Yes, I have made sure numerous times that the name is correct. Hell, even the compare function in BF2 shows my name twice.

As I said before, the nicks are the exact same. The player IDs are different.

Comment

Did you try it on someone elses computer ? If you havnt you can PM me your account and password. Dont think I want to steal your account, I just want to help fix the problem. Its okay if you dont want me to try. You can get a person that you know better and see if it works for him.

Comment

Working...
            X