High Settings In BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Settings In BF2

I just got the new 7950 GT card, so i'm trying to push BF2 as hard as I can.

Howcome I can't set the AA settings? And only 4xAF available, is that just me, or is it common?

Re: High Settings In BF2

i dont think you would need to set any AA with that card.

as for settings it depends on the rest of you comp

Comment

It's one of the fastest cards available, coupled with a Core 2 Dio 2.4 Ghz and 2 GB RAM.

How high can you set the AA and AF settings?

Comment

In-game, you can only set the AF (Texture Filtering) to 'High' and the AA to '4X'.

If you're having problems, it may be because you're trying to force AA and AF settings through the nVidia control panel (which I do not recommend unless you're into experimenting).

Comment

edit nvm Talus the speedy

Comment

That's me!

Comment

Hey ghaib dude, You have built the computer I want for myself. Keep us posted on how it goes. The prices are just becoming reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by John Edmo
                Hey ghaib dude, You have built the computer I want for myself. Keep us posted on how it goes. The prices are just becoming reasonable.
                It runs great, I run BF2 all on MAX settings in 1280x1024, average framerate of 70-80fps

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  In-game, you can only set the AF (Texture Filtering) to 'High' and the AA to '4X'.

If you're having problems, it may be because you're trying to force AA and AF settings through the nVidia control panel (which I do not recommend unless you're into experimenting).
                  Actually if you have a fast card "Ati X1900XT 512mb" i would say use hardware AA&AF . Im using 6AA & 16AF HD quality and it runs SO much Better then ingame . Anyone one elts ya id say use ingame

Comment

Are you trying to say a 7950 shouldent do over 4xAA/4xAF? Get real. Crank it up to 1600x1200 4xAA/16xAF, maybe even 8xAA at 1280x1024.

Comment

No, I'm saying that BF2 does not SUPPORT AA over 4X and AF over 8X.

If you choose to force those settings via the control panel, then it is experimental and any graphical or performance problems you have will likely be a result.

It'll probably work fine though...but just don't come complaining afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                        No, I'm saying that BF2 does not SUPPORT AA over 4X and AF over 8X.

If you choose to force those settings via the control panel, then it is experimental and any graphical or performance problems you have will likely be a result.

It'll probably work fine though...but just don't come complaining afterwards
                        I beg to differ, it supports 6x just fine with my ATI. Also, it's noticeable from 4x to 6x AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Addequate
                          I beg to differ, it supports 6x just fine with my ATI. Also, it's noticeable from 4x to 6x AA.
                          i would guess he;s talking about nvidia cards.. not Ati

Comment

heh heh when this guy is walking round admiring the amazing quality look of his BF2 i will be shooting him in the back

Comment

Don't use the in-game settings for AA, turn that off and use the video cards settings instead

Comment

Working...
                              X