I/O no longer grenades. now launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I/O no longer grenades. now launcher

this is getting rediculous. ive seen TONS of people running around with the tube firing it off point blank at people, right in their face, not a bounce in sight. ive seen people fire it 200M upwards and nail snipers etc, ive seen both teamates and enemies do it. guy lying on a flag, we sneak up behind him and buddy tubes him right in the back point blank, without a scratch on him, wouldnt it at least bounce a few feet?, seen that numerous times, it is identical to pre 1.2, since when can u jump and fire tubes, since 1.2 there is what? a 3 second timer on it? not according to these guys.

ill pick up the assault kit and give her a whirl, fire a grenade have it bounce 20 feet then finally explode, ive bounced it off a wall had it land next to an enemy and not kill him, ive questioned people that have done it and got nothing but stfu and get pwned, or deal with it etc, i told a server i was frapsing the match and one of the PointBlank tubers said why, what did i do? then left the server promptly. i never said he did anything, 5 other people disconnected seconds later.

Re: I/O no longer grenades. now launcher

Ive never had them bounce off the ground.

Comment

I was using it just a few minutes ago in IO mode. Its no worse than the medic and grenade spammers. IO is not balanced at all. The game was built with vehicles in mind so of course when you take that away its going to unbalance everything else.

Comment

funny thing is, launcher really blows vs. vehicles

well, it's not really funny

funny part is that before 1.2, devs said that nade launcher is supposed to be more of an anti-vehicle weapon than anti-badguy

I'm happy though if there's more assaults than before. Variety is good

Comment

I'm glad it's not just me.

I've been playing POE2 a lot and noticed this on Orel last night. I asked my clan members if they were noticing it seemingly being reverted to 1.2 status.

From what I saw being used against me and my own use of the tube, if it's fired directly down at the feet of your opponent, they will die with slight damage to yourself.

However, while doing anything other than firing directly down, I got bounce.

I think it's like everything else in this game. It's buggy beyond belief. One time it'll bounce, the next it won't.

But I can tell you that folks have caught on to it with this newest patch. Noob tubing your enemy directly at yours/their feet is back.

Comment

It hasn't changed, there are tricks in firing it though, I can shoot one at a tank 10' away and get a hit, but fire one at a tank 20' away and watch it bounce off of it - it depends on where you hit it. Same goes for infantry.

Stop whining over GL use and learn how to defeat it. I'd think grenade spam is 10000000000x more of a problem than the GL.

Comment

The splash damage on the t00b nowadays is so small and like Misfit says it likes to bounce at the oddest of times so it can be unreliable. Hand nades have a MUCH larger splash radius, can be thrown in succession quickly, and is given to every class except AT and non-G3 Assault. I use the t00b a lot (although in regular servers because I don't play IO) and most of the times I'm the only one in the whole 64 player server who does. If it were that easy and cheap of a weapon, then much like the G36E everybody would be using it. I've yet to see it bounce off of the ground, however. Usually when it comes in contact with the ground it'll stick and explode on the spot (how long it waits until it explodes depends on how close you are to where you shot it). Combine that with the small radius and yes, you can use it 'cheaply' by dropping it right at your feet. I've done it a couple of the times with the new launcher when I come around a corner and a guy pops out in front of me (usually followed by the typical insta-prone move). On level-ground targets the GL is almost useless unless they're running next to a wall or something.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Is it just me or does it shoot to the right (or maybe its the left) consistantly? It seems to always go a little to one side when I fire it. Especially if im moving but it will happen when I stand still also.

Comment

Im guilty of doing it at point blank range sometimes. but only cause I dont have time to switch back to the rifle and I know im going to die anyways.

Comment

I havent noticed any difference in the GL and I use the thing a fair bit, it still bounces at the most annoying times and does little damage outside the hit area. You have to be quite skilled just to use it correctly, but maybe thats for the best, i used to own with that thing.

Comment

learning by doing right fellas.......

Comment

the trick is to hit corners, make the grenade come in contact with multiple edges can usually get it to explode instead of bounce.

ex: side of vodnik = bounce off like its made of nerf material

hit the vodnik near the wheel well, it'll hit a couple angles and explode.

Comment

I have only seen a super minor resurgance of the GL. Only minimal. Normally, I am the ONLY person using it on a server. And don't take away from the people that are effective with it, I can hit snipers on hill tops and buildings a long ways off. I just have had to practice with it. Also, I have a friend that had near 90% accuracy with GL for months. He learned how to shoot it from our other friend that was in the US Army.

It is just practice. People learn to not run while firing, they learn the arming distance, and what is a better target to shoot at. Often, I don't go for the kill, but to get splash damage and a quick switch over to the AK to finish off one or two people.

It is because of the GL (gimped and all) that I put up my G36E and when for the truest of infantry class.

Comment

The GL is a joke in its current state. Ive shot it and landed the granade right between my enemys feet and didnt kill him. It really needs to be adjusted to equal the hand tossed ones as far as damage area. Most of the people who didnt like the old version couldnt or wouldnt learn to use it and were getting owned by it. Why they made it like it is now is still a mystery to me. Its almost useless on some maps. . . . . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                              The GL is a joke in its current state. Ive shot it and landed the granade right between my enemys feet and didnt kill him. It really needs to be adjusted to equal the hand tossed ones as far as damage area. Most of the people who didnt like the old version couldnt or wouldnt learn to use it and were getting owned by it. Why they made it like it is now is still a mystery to me. Its almost useless on some maps. . . . . . . . .Red
                              If you put with the same radious of the grenades then everybody started to use it, because it is much more accurate.
                              I believe it should be reverted to 1.2 state, and right now it isnĀ“t.
                              Yes, it would become the best weapon on the game, but assault should be the best infantary class in the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X