Help Plz About Install Bf2!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Plz About Install Bf2!!!

Hey guys, I just installed BF2 and I havent played it since last year. Now I just finished downloading and installed all the patches. I got patch 1.2, 1.12, 1.21, 1.22, 1.3, and the latest 1.4 I downloaded the full 1.4 and the Incremental. I installed all the patches complete with no problems. When I go and double click on Play BF2 Online Now or just the Play BF2. The screen turns black for 5 seconds and then switches back to Desktop? I dont know whats going on? Am I missing something? This is my second time installing the game after not playin for 1 year. Please someone help me out Im looking into getting back into BF2 ASAP!!! Thankx Guys!

Re: Help Plz About Install Bf2!!!

Do you have an SLI setup?
    I would recommend the first step as updating to the latest video card drivers.

Comment

well thats not the problem. I have played BF2 before I even installed any patches and it works, So then I decided to go and download all the patches so I can be up to date. im repatching right now.

Comment

Just install vBF2, then get 1.4 FULL patch. No need to DL all the patches seperatly.

Comment

Crash to Desktop Issues

Problem - Crash to Desktop on starting Battlefield 2
          Cause - Several Possible Causes
          Fix - There is no fix known to work for everyone, merely a list of possible things to try to resolve the issue;

1. Rename the Movies folder in your Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 folder to Movies2, to skip the start up Movies which can be the cause of the Problem.

2. Move your Battlefield 2 folder in My documents and put it on your desktop. When loading BF2 Again it should force it to create a new one using default settings.

3.Go here
          C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001
          and here
          C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001\Defualt
          Or get there from using my documents on desktop.
          Open the video.con file with notepad and change the line
          VideoSettings.setResolution ????x?????@??Hz (???? are your settings)
          to
          VideoSettings.setResolution 800x600@60Hz

4. Check you have no software forcing a set refresh rate, if you do disable it.

5. If on a AGP card, try running at 4x speed instead of 8x speed. I believe ATI users can change this in there ATI control panel, or use the ATI panel in display settings. You can access display settings by right clicking on your desktop, then clicking properties.
          For Nvidia users it may be necessary to set it in the bios.
          By doing this the loss of FPS is very small, but you can significantly improve the systems stability

6. Check on your graphic card control panel that everything is set to application controlled to see if it helps.

7. Re-Install the latest version of Directx from the Microsoft Website

8. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open up task manger. make sure that the process ~5.0001 is not running. If it is, end task it and try again.

9. Use Driver Cleaner to erase your old Graphic Card drivers, then update to a more recent or stable version of graphic card drivers for your graphic card.

10. Disable/Add BF2 to DEP

To turn it off do this

Right click on my computer
          Select properties
          Select the advanced tab
          Select performance options
          Select the data execution prevention tab
          Add BF2.exe to the list of exceptions OR turn DEP off completly.
          Reboot

11. A new Idea from the EA US BF2 Forums, is to goto

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings

Open up VideoDefault.con with notepad, and set

renderer.setFullScreen 0
          renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

to

renderer.setFullScreen 1
          renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

Do the same with C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\xpack\bf2\Settings VideoDefault.con if you have Special Forces.

Comment

ok im pissed off i just reinstalled the game 3 times it runs if i don run any patches, so i dont know wtf is going on.

Comment

For one you are not supposed to dl all the patches. Only the full 1.4 patch. So vanilla bf2 and then 1.4 full.,

Comment

Originally posted by whitesti
                well thats not the problem. I have played BF2 before I even installed any patches and it works, So then I decided to go and download all the patches so I can be up to date. im repatching right now.
                Why in the world are you downloading all the patches? That is why you are having all kinds of problems. Follow the install order in my sig, dont over complicate your life dude...:laugh:

Comment

what is vBF2?

Originally posted by wOoZiE
                  For one you are not supposed to dl all the patches. Only the full 1.4 patch. So vanilla bf2 and then 1.4 full.,
                  Yea I did try that. And I couldnt get a single server to come up! I dont know WTF! Install was success and so was the patch no problems. I load up the game and go into Multiplayer and I hit refresh and nothing shows up. I got only few things checked in the filters. Same version, no pass, and ranked, plus the small,med,large maps as well. SHould I change something?

Comment

Working...
                  X