Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake Today

In Google Earth paste : 19.3055, 166.6339

And notice how, probably by a typhoon, the northern bridge has been swept from it's feet.

Re: Wake Today

Its Bf 2 Forum Not Googl Earth

Comment

Yeah it seems that way. I wouldn't be surprised, considering a cat 5 hurricane hit it just a week ago.

Comment

Fun looking at it, then looking for the Arty and Supplies button. D: Too much commandering!

Comment

can someone show some pictures

Comment

Originally posted by CyberPitz
            Fun looking at it, then looking for the Arty and Supplies button. D: Too much commandering!
            Ha! If there was and you thought you were USMC, you'd be very much surprised as there is no USMC arty island.
            That satellite image must be shot on a Super Bowl Sunday. The place looks deserted.

Comment

do ppl in the pacific far away from US watch the superbowl?..btw i dont kno much a bout wake island, but i do kno that it was used as a military comander point in korean war

Comment

i once watched a whole lot of ads interupted now and then by a football game.....i think it was the superbowl

Comment

Originally posted by xx_MCBAIN_xx
                  i once watched a whole lot of ads interupted now and then by a football game.....i think it was the superbowl
                  What...

Comment

Yeah Wake was recently 70% submerged by a Typhoon, what you need to see is the before and after pics. Most of the islands contours were effected and anything not made of concrete was washed away.

Comment

Originally posted by zuiquan1
                      can someone show some pictures

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMcCoy
                        You will find a city called "Mashtuur" in Google Earth. But it looks not similar to the map in BF2.

On the other hand "Wake Island" looks very nice in reality...

Posted in another thread...

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                          do ppl in the pacific far away from US watch the superbowl?..btw i dont kno much a bout wake island, but i do kno that it was used as a military comander point in korean war
                          The Battle of Wake Island

On December 8 1941, the same day as the attack on Pearl Harbor(Wake being on the opposite side of the International Date Line), sixteen Japanese medium bombers flown from bases on the marshall islands attacked Wake Island, destroying eight of the twelve F4F Wildcat fighter aircraft belonging to Marine Corps fighter squadron VMF-211 on the ground. All of the Marine garrison's defensive emplacements were left intact by the raid, which primarily targeted the naval aircraft.
                          With this equipment, the garrison - supplemented by civilian volunteers - repelled several Japanese landing attempts. After the initial Japanese amphibious assault was beaten back with heavy losses, the American commander was asked by his superiors if he needed anything; the commander was reported (erroneously) as having quipped "Send us more Japs!"
                          Despite this defiant spirit, the garrison was eventually overwhelmed by the determined and numerically superior Japanese invasion force. American casualties were fifty-two military personnel killed, along with approximately seventy civilians. Japanese losses exceeded 700 killed, with some estimates ranging as high as 900; in addition, the Japanese lost four destroyers and twenty aircraft.

Comment

The thread title brought up an interesting idea...

Anyone for some wake island IO? Wonder if the US can swim to shore b4 the round ends...

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                              The thread title brought up an interesting idea...

Anyone for some wake island IO? Wonder if the US can swim to shore b4 the round ends...
                              you get boats i think, but even then you would have to have full squads listening to the commander otherwise everyone will be running around in circles lol

Comment

Working...
                              X