wierd graphics problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd graphics problem

hi there im new to this forum and im gettings some wierd graphics issues, it seems to happen when a tank fires its cannon or artillery lands near me the graphics go wierd like bright colors on screen and flickering and then im stuck and cant move making me a sitting duck and it allso happens when i die then goes back to normall, it can happen for about 10 secs and allso sometimes i get another problem as it seems as the game has locked up and then goes to a black screen with sound still in the background and i have to press ctrl+alt+del to get back to desktop, i have tried ati cats 6.8 6.7 and now im on 6.5 and ive uninstalled and reinstall bf2 played around with my control centre settings and bf2 settings to no avail im only gettin it with bf2 as all my other games are fine and ive allso checked my temps and they are fine too.

here are my pc specs

asrock k7vt4a pro motherboard with viakt400a chipset
    amd barton 3200+ default speed
    1gb of corsair value ram at default speed
    sapphire 9600xt 128mb at default speeds with cats 6.5
    maxtor 80gb 8mb cache hd
    windows xp pro sp2

Re: wierd graphics problem

any overheating problems? you can google for everest to test the tempreatures

Comment

u been getting sumthing liek this right?

yeh I had the same problem too with my 9550 card, I found out that ATI cards really have a hard time trying to play the game, well make the graphics run right since its been made on an Nvidia Graphics Engine, so yeh using an ATI card for an Nvidia Built game will have problems, to fix u should get an Nvidia GPU liek what I did, the time to upgrade ur card is now

Comment

hi TOPGEARCOL32

try deleting your C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache folder to begin with, let the shaders re optimise

set your AA & AF to application controlled and use the ingame setting instead

sounds to me as though when the "$hit hits teh fan" that your pc cannot handle all that is trying to be displayed

so, try turning your settings down as you haven't said what they are set to at the moment. also 2gig'o'ram and a gfx card upgrade will help you if you are trying to play with higher than lo/med setting

tis a process of elimination so try the suggested and report back soldier

[edit]all this is supposing your pc is clean fron spyware and the like!

p.s. try all settings down, even reducing sound acceleration via the run > dxdiag > sound options - presume your using onboard sound?

Comment

yes im gettin the exact problem as u stated in the pic, wot i dident mention before is it worked perfect on my nforce 2 mb, well the nforce 2 mb died on me and i had to get this new asrock mb, as i say bf2 is the only prob and yes i do have onboard sound and ive tried 2 drivers for that as well, i have tried different sound settings and the one u suggested, i'll try again and post back to see how i got on and by the way im not getting any overheating problems as the cpu is at about 45c at 100% load and gfx is only about 30c while on a game and me bf2 settings are low-med

Comment

hi again, well ive tried ajusting the hardware acceleration slider in the sound settings again like last time and it seems to go okay like last time untill it starts doing the wierd graphics again, seems to go okay when i go into the game for once or twice then it starts doing it, i dunno wot else i can try.

Comment

Working...
            X