Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio problem with Audigy card

Hi,
    Have played latest BF2 with no sound probs using onboard sound (AC97). Now I've installed a SB Audigy (1) sound card I've succesfully switched to hardware and enabled Eax for better quality sound.
    Everything is sweet except I can't hear my own gunfire. I can hear everything else including my empty shell acses hitting the deck or my bullets slamming into a wall and all surrounding effects including squad members gunfire - but not my own.
    I've checked all the settings with the card and played around with the in game settings to no effect on this problem. It manifests itself only in BF2 and happens irrespective of if I use a 5.1, 2.1 or stereo headphones with the audigy card.
    I am on XP and have all latest patches installed for os and game (1.4).
    Any suggestions other than to revert to onboard sound for bf2?
    thanks,

Re: Audio problem with Audigy card

Are you using the drivers that came on the driver cd or the latest from Creative?

If the driver cd, update to the latest, who knows how old the ones on the cd are.

Also if you haven't used it yet, open the EAX Console and enable CMSS3D (I use the regular one, but try it with both). Also if using headphones, make sure that they are plugged into the cards front out jack and that it is set to Headphones in the Surround Mixer. While you have the Mixer open bump the Wave volume slider up to around 90-95%, and increase the bass and treble as well (I have the bass at 65% and the treble at 90%).

Another thing you may want to do is make sure you have the latest version of OpenAL installed,

just download anf run, it will update the openal32.dll and the wrap_oal.dll in your System32 folder. After updating you may also want to try the Audigy/BF2 openal fix. What you do is go into your Windows\System32 folder and locate wrap_oal.dll and make a copy of it (paste the copy on your desktop). Then rename the copied file to BF2OpenAL.dll and go to your BF2 folder. Make a backup of the original file and then copy and paste the renamed file in.

I have the same card you do (mine is the ES, which is the Audigy 1 minus the firewire port), and haven't had any of the problems that you are describing. Actually I took mine one step further and am running the latest X-Fi drivers on mine, but let's get yours sorted before even attempting that).

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN}
      Actually I took mine one step further and am running the latest X-Fi drivers on mine, but let's get yours sorted before even attempting that).

I really do thank you for this . Your advice, which I have followed to the letter, has cured the problem completely.

So, if I may seek your advice again - how do I run X-fi drivers and what are the benefits of doing so on the original Audigy card?

Many. many thanks.

Comment

Disabling 'environmental effects' in the EAX control panel would have fixed the problem too

Common mistake people make with the Audigy series of cards.

Comment

Working...
        X