sound related stuttering in-game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound related stuttering in-game?

I have a dell e510, I know I know, I should've built one, I learned my lesson, I'll never buy a pre-built again, it's a 3.4 gighz cpu with 1 gig of ram and an audigy 2 sound card. It seems in game that I get lots of stuttering/clipping, not sure how to describe it, it only seems to happens with different sounds going off. Sometimes it'll run smoothly for a period of time, while other times it'll be horrible. Has anyone had any similar issues? I really don't want to blame on the patch as I'd like to try and fix the issue now, but I had the game previously installed and never had this issue. I did a clean install of the game as well as the full 1.4 patch. I also noticed that my mic level is incredibly low, it's boosted in windows and in the game but nothing seems to raise it up. When I had previously uninstalled the game my mic level went up and I was able to use skype and other voice programs again with ease in other multi games. This all leads me to believe that I have some sort of setting off and it is causing a conflict with this game.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: sound related stuttering in-game?

Same problems in my thread here

Intel usually does not have this problem, my board chipset is Via which is famous for these issues.

Since you have a dell I will assume there is no bios option for setting pci latency so try this tool to change it and see what goes down.

Comment

I'm not sure I want to mess with that stuff though, I mean nothing has changed since I had it first installed, why would it all of a sudden have to deal with that? I played the game a lot when I first got it and never experienced any issues.

well after more reading on the issue I tried out the program, to my suprise my latency was already set at 64, I'm setting it 32 and trying it out, I will let you know what happens.
      -Matt

Comment

It's worth a shot, a couple other ideas to consider -

1. Which pci slot audigy is installed into.
        3. What other pci devices are sharing the bus.

If you check system information - hardware resources - IRQ's check and see if the audigy is sharing an IRQ with another device. If this is the case try switching pci slots -- it's a common fix.

Comment

Mine stutters too, but only because my PC is crap.

Comment

well the latency is down to 16 now, seems to have helped some, now however when i get in fire fights i clip like crazy, where as before it didn't. I really think I just have a bad pc setup for this game, I can honestly say though before the patch I did not have any issues, I really hope they're going to come out with another one to fix all of this.

Comment

Check this post. Tiz worth a shot. HERE

Comment

thanks for the help, i'll go try that right now, be back if it works, and i'll be back if it dont full uninstall/install will probably take 2hours like earlier tho

Comment

Well, if you having cracking and pops like in a tank... I used to have that exact same problem. I after thinking about it... I was woundering if there was any conflicking device's. There wasn't. But I notice my sound card shared a IRQ with my Gfix card I believe. What I did was swapped slots with a open PCI slot. Windows reasigned to a diffrent IRQ and bam fixxed my problem. But thats just mine. You might have a diffrent issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X