SLi, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLi, need help

I have not posted to complain about BF2. It is a great game with a great gameplay. But WTF is up with my FPS in BF2. I got 2x7800 in sli mode. I have checked benchmarks on so many websites. According to them running BF2 on high settings results in above 90fps. On the other hand after the release of 1.4 my fps is usually between 50 and 60. My setting are all high with 4x anti aliasing at 1024x768 @ 70. Once again I am not complaining but I would love to know the specific reason. Some people told me that my vsync is on and turn it off but i dont even know WTF is vsync. Please Please Please help me out regarding this. Any kind of info/help will be useful to me. If you are having the same difficulty please post as well. If you also got 2x7800 in sli and is giving above 80fps please send me a message suggesting what I can do to fix this issue. BF2 is an awesome game and I love it but things like these are a little bit frustrating. All of you guys dont think that this is a post AGAINST BF2, I love it and play it 24/7. For the love of GOD please help me out. Thanx a lot.

Re: WTF is going on???

Originally posted by badsubby
    I have not posted to complain about BF2. It is a great game with a great gameplay. But WTF is up with my FPS in BF2. I got 2x7800 in sli mode. I have checked benchmarks on so many websites. According to them running BF2 on high settings results in above 90fps. On the other hand after the release of 1.4 my fps is usually between 50 and 60. My setting are all high with 4x anti aliasing at 1024x768 @ 70. Once again I am not complaining but I would love to know the specific reason. Some people told me that my vsync is on and turn it off but i dont even know WTF is vsync. Please Please Please help me out regarding this. Any kind of info/help will be useful to me. If you are having the same difficulty please post as well. If you also got 2x7800 in sli and is giving above 80fps please send me a message suggesting what I can do to fix this issue. BF2 is an awesome game and I love it but things like these are a little bit frustrating. All of you guys dont think that this is a post AGAINST BF2, I love it and play it 24/7. For the love of GOD please help me out. Thanx a lot.
    I had dual 7900 GTX's before I built this system and I know what is going on.

Your massive dips are due to having vsync on.

First off, with vsync on, your fps will never go over your refresh rate.
    Second, should your fps ever dip below your capped rate (say in this case 70) your fps will be cut in half (35) until you are able to pull 70 frames again.

Vsyc just puts your monitor and game refresh rates in sync, the positive thing about using it is you won't get the "tearing" or "ghosting" image rips that happen when it is not enabled.

To toggle it on/off go here:

If you can play with it off, you will get higher frames, but personally, I have to use it.
    My eyes are very sensitive and it actually gives me a headache when I turn it off.

So pretty much, if you want it as smooth as possible, leave it on.
    But on the downside, you will never get over 70 fps and if it ever dips you will get cut down to 35 fps.

If you can play with it off, you should be around 100+ fps on that system at any given time, but do expect some dips now and then.

And another thing to consider, if you are pulling the frames offline and in singleplayer fine but only seeing the lower rates in massive 64 man servers, you have to remember, server-side performance does effect clients.

Even the best system out there will run like a slide show if the server can't handle the strain.

Comment

jsr, that has to be one of the most intelligent and informative responses I have seen to date on these forums!

Well done and Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by G.I.Jersey
        jsr, that has to be one of the most intelligent and informative responses I have seen to date on these forums!

Well done and Bravo!
        Deffinately

Id only add that 1024x768 is a little on the easy side for dual 7800's, up the res if you can, the cards will love you for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. bzb

Id only add that 1024x768 is a little on the easy side for dual 7800's, up the res if you can, the cards will love you for it.
          he's right.
          You really don't see much of a gain from SLI at lower-res.
          The reason for that is cpu dependency.
          Your processor does most of the work at 1024x768.

Comment

Working...
          X