Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: connection problem

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
    ok i had these problems for a while and i did some tweaks since im still getting use to my new rig and here are some stuff i did b4 it went back to normal:
    lowered my settings so AA was off and texture filtering was off and also i ran GameXP to only set my network settings...not sure wat it was...but its getting a little better now
    GAME XP HELP ME SOME TOO

con now working 100% played 8 games no problems cant belive it was game xp that did it but thanks anyway lets see what tomorrow brings meanwhile on with the battle

Comment

update mon 25 same crap again conection lost

Comment

Yeah, it says Yout connection to the server have benn lost.... this is annoying me, if anyone has any idea please feel free to post...

Comment

ive just now encounterd this problem.

the funny thing is, the game loads faster and plays more smoothly before it happens. It was working earlier today just fine.

Comment

unfortunately i am suffering the same disconnect problem. my system hasnt changed and i've had ZERO trouble playing any game. the only game i play online is BF2 which was working fine up until a few days ago. i had comcast check things out - no problems. speedtests show my connection rocks...so what the **** is going on? this is just plain stupid...

Comment

Just started having this issue. Full, clean install followed by the full 1.4 patch application.

When it's really bad, I connect to the game, get intot he server, go to choose my kit, & it drops back to the server browser with the "connection to server has been lost" message. But sometimes, I can play for ~30-45mins, & then it just suddently drops the connection out of nowhere.

Comment

What i said before.... two different problems, you are experiencing connection lost, when some of us are experiencing cannot connect to server...

Comment

anyone got any new ideas im still getting conection lost

how many of you are having lost conection problems 25$ reward if you can fix amd dual core 3800+ abit guru fatality 2gb corsair matched dual ninvida 7800gt sli fiber optic full time conection
                  MySpeed Results
                  Download 5,092,664 bps
                  Upload 853,200 bps
                  QoS 98%
                  RTT 6 ms
                  MaxPause 17 ms

Comment

well I found out what the problem is for my computer..... it's the patch! I uninstalled battlefield 2 and then reinstalled it and I had no problem playing with no patch on it. But im not sure if this will fix your guys problems cause mine was different... i said "You cannot conect to the server."

Comment

This is ridiculus!! BF2 has become unplayable since 1.4! I have made no changes to my setup, my connection is fine yet im lag spiking like anyones business and keep losing connection!!!!!!!!!!! only on BF2 not on anything else!!

Quite frankly I find it amazing that DICE or EA or whoever havn't posted anything official to address the issue. Anyone else wanting their money back?

Comment

Hi guys,

I confirm Cemmyz !
                        This is due to patch 1.4.
                        I have done a lot of things for 1 month and still have the problem.
                        -Update punkbuster
                        -Modifying files
                        - Uninstall and reinstall
                        nothing works !!
                        Yesterday, I have reinstall the game but only with the patch1.3 and guess what ?? I have played 3 hours without a problem
                        so , I confirm , poatch 1.4 is s....t !
                        I have posted to EA for an answer ( still waiting )
                        I will let you know about that !

Here are some tricks you can do ( thx to Mr.Maverick.MDK ) ::
                        -Removed any trace of the game manually and Reinstalled full game with SF and 1.4 patch
                        -Manually install PB software from their website: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php
                        -Updated my router firmware
                        -Made sure my firewall was allowing access for bf2.exe
                        -Edited my C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\host file to add this line to it which is PB's address "64.251.14.78 www.evenbalance.com" It uses this to authenticate your software with their server.
                        -Did not waste time defragging again, that does nothing
                        -Did not mess with any of my virus software, that does nothing to and is a waste of time, but turn it off if you dont believe me.
                        -Switch type of connection in the in-game options menu from T1/LAN to Cable/DSL
                        -And finally and i did this last after everything else was done and had already loaded into BF a few times, so there was a bunch of data in the cache folder; Delete contents of video cache folder
                        C:\Documents and Settings\"my login"\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache
                        -After all that was done and i actually loaded into a server and i set all of these settings for PB
                        1. PB_LAN 1 - turns off PB automatic update. You will have to manually update PB as new stuff is pushed out. I dont know if this was necessary but i did it anyway. It only take a minute to manually update PB
                        2. PB_LogToFile 1 - Logs all problems with PB so you can see whats going on
                        3. PB_sleep 500 - Puts the longest amount of delay for PB checking your hard drive
                        4. PB_writecfg - saves all of this to the cfg file so you dont have to do it everytime you load into a new server.

Comment

Thanks matey!

have done some of the list as I have to goto work now but please enlighten all IF (sorry should be when but not holding out on them!!) they ever get back to you!

Comment

Working...
                          X