Things in SF that makes me wonder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things in SF that makes me wonder.

First of all, BF2 takes place in a war between the U.S. vs. M.E.C. and the P.L.A., right? Here's my questions:

How did the Russians and S.A.S. got involved?

How come there is no Chinese Special Forces Team?

How did the Muslim Extremists (Rebels and Insurgents) is involved with the Special Forces stuff, they're not that high-tech, they probably stole those HINDs or BMPs.

So far, they're isn't any tensions between N.A.T.O. and the Russians, yet how come there is a map between those the S.A.S. and the Spetznaz?

How come the S.A.S. fights with the Muslim Extremists (Rebels and Insurgents) and Spetznaz when that has nothing to do with the war in BF2 (U.S. vs. M.E.C. and P.L.A.)?

It just doesn't make sense to me.
    What do you guys think?

Re: Things in SF that makes me wonder.

Because DICE dont know how to fit together a storyline, so they just mix n match, so they at least get something.

Comment

The EU is involved, so it makes sense the SAS is in it too.

How come there is no Chinese Special Forces Team?
      I have no idea.

How did the Muslim Extremists (Rebels and Insurgents) is involved with the Special Forces stuff, they're not that high-tech, they probably stole those HINDs or BMPs.
      Yup.

So far, they're isn't any tensions between N.A.T.O. and the Russians, yet how come there is a map between those the S.A.S. and the Spetznaz?
      Minor skirmish. I bet they never released the information to the public to prevent M.A.D.

How come the S.A.S. fights with the Muslim Extremists (Rebels and Insurgents) and Spetznaz when that has nothing to do with the war in BF2 (U.S. vs. M.E.C. and P.L.A.)?
      The Rebels apparently wanted the war to screen their actions.

It just doesn't make sense to me.
      What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by MantaMan
        The EU is involved, so it makes sense the SAS is in it too.
        But nothing for the Russians. And since that Euro Force (the time EU was involved) was after SF was released, so it means that EU wasn't involved when the SAS was there.

Comment

dont terrorists steal everything? or kill people and then "take" it

Comment

Rebels, Insurgents, MEC SF, and Spetz have the same guns, so there's actually only SAS and SEALS.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
              Rebels, Insurgents, MEC SF, and Spetz have the same guns, so there's actually only SAS and SEALS.
              Originally posted by Alpha671
              ...when that has nothing to do with the war in BF2 (U.S. vs. M.E.C. and P.L.A.)?
              So how did the Insurgents, Rebels, Spetz, SAS, is involved with the war?

Some of the battles (SAS vs. Insurgents, Rebels, or Russians or Russians vs. Insurgents or Rebels) doesn't go with the war. The M.E.C. (which stands for MIDDLE EAST COALITION) which got to be a group of countries is INVOLVED with the war. But the Insurgents or Rebels (or the Muslim Extremists, which is a small group) isn't involved with the war. Why are they there?

Comment

Russian sf are in Iraq right now, no major forces, just mainly a death force killing terrorists after the idiots thought it would be a good idea to kill some russians and get another super power fighting them.

Comment

Ya, but we're talking about the war in BF2.

Comment

I don't understand why they have the SAS vs. Spetsnaz on one of the SF maps. That just makes no sense to me at all.

And I have wondered how rebels would be able to store and maintain their own attack helicopters, nevermind tanks/apcs.

Comment

cuz dice makes crappy games

Comment

why no chinese in SF?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha671
                          are they really Muslim Extremists? I've never heard that before. where did you hear that?
                          "Crunch's First Officer"
                          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Well, the Spetnaz and the Rebels are both Russian so that’s and internal conflict, like a civil war or a revolution (Crush the rebellion!).

As far as the Insurgents go insurgencies as always looking for an excuse to rise up. Perhaps the BF2 war provided the perfect climate of civil unrest for this group to get a good foot hold and being secretly funded by the Saudis they can afford the weapons and vehicles the bigger boys have.

Why are the Spetnaz and the S.A.S going at it, can you say cold war part two? Why isn’t there a PLA special forces? I can’t come up with a plausible solution for that, so good call.

Anyway I would say with a little suspended disbelief the plot isn’t all that infeasible.

Comment

Is there a storyline in BF2? Eh, who needs a storyline anyway, it's a game.
                              I don't run around in SF thinking 'What the heck am I doing here? I'm not supposed to be here!" I didn't play BF42 or BFV 'cause of the storyline either. As long it's fun, who cares

If the game had a more storybased singleplayer campaign, it would matter, but BF2 is all mp for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X